Options

Collage, couldn't follow Kirby's instructions

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited January 3, 2005 in Technique
He has a really neat collage instruction in his CS book, but I couldn't follow it, and I have to order this today. So I used my new found pasting skill. Could someone, when they have time, interpret the seamless collage thing?

Is this OK for now? It is my brother's 60th birthday. "They" are making up a big deal with a book of stuff, like this, and letters.........just stuff, for his birthday. I made one without a frame, etc, in case he wants to have one framed. So I will order two, as soon as I hear on the size.

That seamless idea looked great, I didn't even get to first base with it. And it was the always understandable Kirby. g
13584027-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Collage
    Hi Ginger,

If you can tell me briefly what the instructions are I might be able to help. I'm not familiar with the book you're talking about. I'm not sure what is meant by "seamless" collage...

Dee
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Looks good Ginger.

If it were me I would move the small picture in the center a little. It is touching the one on the bottom but not the one on the top. I would either make all three touch each other, or make them all free of each other.

But thats just MHO
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Thanks, Dee, I can't be brief on the instructions as I don't understand them.
    But I am through with this thing anyway.

I agree with you, Greaper, however, by now I am just going to try to get it printed and to them. I found one of Spencer from just a year or so ago, I added it on the rt, very small, no frame, very light, just the head shot.........I tried and tried to blend it in so the sides would just blur in leaving it like a feathered thing or whatever. I gave up. It looks good enough to impress them. His wife loves the photo you all saw, that little photo I added just brings it up to date, but doesn't change much.

I actually might have overlapped the ones you were talking about, Greaper, even more, or as you said, not at all. But I don't want to go there anymore.

Thanks for the comments. Will give me something to think on in the future.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Thanks, Dee, I can't be brief on the instructions as I don't understand them.
    But I am through with this thing anyway.

I agree with you, Greaper, however, by now I am just going to try to get it printed and to them. I found one of Spencer from just a year or so ago, I added it on the rt, very small, no frame, very light, just the head shot.........I tried and tried to blend it in so the sides would just blur in leaving it like a feathered thing or whatever. I gave up. It looks good enough to impress them. His wife loves the photo you all saw, that little photo I added just brings it up to date, but doesn't change much.

I actually might have overlapped the ones you were talking about, Greaper, even more, or as you said, not at all. But I don't want to go there anymore.

Thanks for the comments. Will give me something to think on in the future.

ginger
    Hi Ginge.. is this Scott Kelby's book you refer to?? I'm looking at the collaging instructions and it's the gradient part that makes it seamless.. do you still need help? if so I'll reread it and pm you or send some screen prints here. Let me know. I'ts all about layer masks and using the gradient tool.. looks like a lot of fun.
    Lynn