Options

multiple DOWNloads

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited January 3, 2005 in SmugMug Support
A few times now, I've wanted to use my smuggy account to upload some photos at work, and download them at home for more editing. I have a satellite connection at home, so download is fast, but upload is painfully slow. Anyway, it would be nice to be able to download several photos at one time, queue them up and let them save to disk. Am I wrong in thinking this is not possible with smugmug? For now, i just ctrl-click and "save image as", obviously, one at a time.

request for new feature :dunno
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Ask and thou shall receive
    DoctorIt wrote:
    A few times now, I've wanted to use my smuggy account to upload some photos at work, and download them at home for more editing. I have a satellite connection at home, so download is fast, but upload is painfully slow. Anyway, it would be nice to be able to download several photos at one time, queue them up and let them save to disk. Am I wrong in thinking this is not possible with smugmug? For now, i just ctrl-click and "save image as", obviously, one at a time.

request for new feature ne_nau.gif
    It's definitely not scheduled for tomorrow, but eventually SE will be able to do that for you:-). Cannot be more specific at this time, no exact ETA, sorry.

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif

PS
    Why do you have to use SM for transfer? Wouldn't it be MUCH easier to use you CF/MS/SD/etc card for that?
    Just curious..headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    It's definitely not scheduled for tomorrow, but eventually SE will be able to do that for you:-). Cannot be more specific at this time, no exact ETA, sorry.

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif

PS
    Why do you have to use SM for transfer? Wouldn't it be MUCH easier to use you CF/MS/SD/etc card for that?
    Just curious..headscratch.gif
    First, what's SE?

Second, of course, I usually use CF or pen drives, but sometimes, you just don't have one, or you're on an unfamiliar machine and would just like to download a few files. Obviously, this isn't a big deal, it was more curiosity.
    Erik

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Ah..
    DoctorIt wrote:
    First, what's SE?

Second, of course, I usually use CF or pen drives, but sometimes, you just don't have one, or you're on an unfamiliar machine and would just like to download a few files. Obviously, this isn't a big deal, it was more curiosity.
    I probably misread you first letter. I thought you are doing "upload at work/download at home" routine, but as far as you're now talking about "unfamiliar machine" I was obviously wrong.

SE stands for Smugmug Explorer. It's a windows tool I'm developing to improve "client-server relationship":-). There are a few threads in API/Hacks section, or you can check www.smugmugexplorer.com. That is, of course, if you are a windows (preferably XP) user, otherwise I'm afraid I can't help you..

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    I probably misread you first letter. I thought you are doing "upload at work/download at home" routine, but as far as you're now talking about "unfamiliar machine" I was obviously wrong.

SE stands for Smugmug Explorer. It's a windows tool I'm developing to improve "client-server relationship":-). There are a few threads in API/Hacks section, or you can check www.smugmugexplorer.com. That is, of course, if you are a windows (preferably XP) user, otherwise I'm afraid I can't help you..

Cheers!1drink.gif
    ah yes, i saw the few threads, but since I like to predominantly use my Mac, I haven't read them in too much detail.
    Erik