Options

Random thoughts of a beginner

SandyGSandyG Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited January 14, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hello all, I've been lurking for a while and just now got the courage to post and introduce myself. I'm VERY new to photography and anxiously waiting to start my first photography class next week!! My goal is to take the best pictures EVER of my family.

Okay now about my camera.

I'm starting with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. I've also purchased a 430EX flash, that I have no idea how and when to use it. :scratch I've been playing with the camera, changing settings and just taking pictures of everything!

What suggestions do you have before I post a picture to get advice from the experts?
I guess what I'm wondering is, do I need to also include, with my picture, the settings I had it on?

Thanks for this great forum!

Sandy
SandyG:D

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    It's not always necesary to post the Exif info but it can be useful. Welcome aboard and there is a lot of good information here. Hope to see some pictures soon.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    Welcome, Sandy!
    SandyG wrote:
    I've been playing with the camera, changing settings and just taking pictures of everything!

Sounds like you're on the right track. Just one other tip, don't forget to read the manual. That way, you'll know what's happening when you're playing with all those buttons :D

Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing your work.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited January 14, 2007
    Welcome!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?