Options

Weekend Kite surfers

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited January 15, 2007 in Sports
I knew with a good breeze there'd be a few out, but there were actually 50! Some of these guys and gals doing some pretty sweet manoeuvres. The lighting was all wrong but better light and no wind is really not good for kites!

121548164-L.jpg

121560705-L.jpg

Look ma no board!
121573226-L.jpg

How to enter the water
121570238-L.jpg

121565660-L.jpg

121583076-L.jpg

It needs a slight rotate but at least you can see some how many peeps were out there
121584416-L.jpg

with plenty more rigging up too
121584575-L.jpg

Thanks for looking, Happy New Year to everyone and feel free to comment and or critique :thumb
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited January 9, 2007
    Cool beans Mushy!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    seems to be an ever increasing popular sport this. I was about to post a couple of mine I shot in Nelson Bay in NSW but I saw your thread so I wanted to commend you on your fabulous shots and add 2 of mine. Keep the thread running with Kite surfers. I would dearly love to get into this sport but I think it isn't designed for us 50 somethings!!rolleyes1.gif

If you would rather I start my own thread Mushy, just say and I will delete these shots of mine which are not as action packed as yours. It was quite a cloudy day when I shot these and you certainly had some great light.

122239657-L.jpg

122247595-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2007
    Aussieroo wrote:
    seems to be an ever increasing popular sport this. I was about to post a couple of mine I shot in Nelson Bay in NSW but I saw your thread so I wanted to commend you on your fabulous shots and add 2 of mine. Keep the thread running with Kite surfers. I would dearly love to get into this sport but I think it isn't designed for us 50 somethings!!rolleyes1.gif

If you would rather I start my own thread Mushy, just say and I will delete these shots of mine which are not as action packed as yours. It was quite a cloudy day when I shot these and you certainly had some great light.

122239657-L.jpg

122247595-L.jpg

No problem with adding some pics. Nice colour and focus on your first shot there mate. cheers for the comments too.
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    Very cool shots Mushy.thumb.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    I agree ! Mushy some good action there. we have been breezless for a few weeks now..looks like im going to have to wait until winter.
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2007
    Cheers XTNOMAD and Gus, for the comments. With so many kite surfers out it gives you fairly good chances of some quality action shots mwink.gif .
    Any luck Gus with the comet? We've had spot on weather for the last few days but today its all gone all cloudy dammit!
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    mushy wrote:
    Cheers XTNOMAD and Gus, for the comments. With so many kite surfers out it gives you fairly good chances of some quality action shots mwink.gif .
    Any luck Gus with the comet? We've had spot on weather for the last few days but today its all gone all cloudy dammit!

You ar in the best place ever for it mate...sun setting on the water...didnt you get that 400 out yesterday ?

Today is the best day..but we are clouded in. Man im not happy. Its never like this here but the last week has been pathetic !
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2007
    gus wrote:
    You ar in the best place ever for it mate...sun setting on the water...didnt you get that 400 out yesterday ?

Today is the best day..but we are clouded in. Man im not happy. Its never like this here but the last week has been pathetic !
    Supposedly wednesday night is the best night to view it. Went out tonight and wouldn't you know it soooo much cloud about and blowing an absolute gale so apart from some nice looking sunset shots no sign of a cometne_nau.gif
    Hopefully wednesday will be better conditions.
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    1,5,and 6 are great, love the colours in 6 great jobthumb.gif
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    mushy wrote:
    I knew with a good breeze there'd be a few out, but there were actually 50! Some of these guys and gals doing some pretty sweet manoeuvres. The lighting was all wrong but better light and no wind is really not good for kites!
    Look ma no board!
    How to enter the water
    It needs a slight rotate but at least you can see some how many peeps were out there
    with plenty more rigging up too
    Thanks for looking, Happy New Year to everyone and feel free to comment and or critique thumb.gif

Those Kite Riders are awesome to watch, I must go by the point next weekend and see if there are any riders down there this weekend.

The speed the do as they sail along is just amazing, but to see them jump out of the water is something even more amazing clap.gif

Lucky you ... you got it all .... way to go thumb.gif

Great series......... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    Aussieroo wrote:

122239657-L.jpg

Hey Aussie this ones a beauty thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2007
    Cheers Skippy and GsGary for the comments, if there is a descent breeze blowing its well worth sitting your butt down on a beach somewhere watching these guys and gals do there thing its very impressive to watch and get a few shots of too.
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    YThanks Skippy & Mushy, I am pleased you liked that shot. The other one was more to show the height these guys get off the water and was shot towards the sun coming in from the left so wasn't as great. As I am "Land locked" here the only chance I get to see things like this is when we go on holidays to coastal areas.