Options

Time's Square, New Year's Eve

snapstackssnapstacks Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited January 17, 2007 in Landscapes
My daughter's Christmas present was New Year's Eve in Time's Square. This being our first time and having gone shopping early in the day and running a little too late, we were unable to get to our hotel so I could get my 350D (or my coat for that matter!!) In these pictures, you can see why! Fortunately, I had my A630 in my purse! Hope you enjoy!

120682459-M.jpg

120683184-M.jpg

120683421-M.jpg

120684157-M.jpg

120684926-M.jpg

120690417-M.jpg

120691498-M.jpg

120692886-M.jpg

120693722-M.jpg
Teresa Childers Stacks
www.bffphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    I cant believe the amount of people who stand around times square for 7 hours or more... wow! It looks fun but I dont have the patience. Too bad you couldn't get your camera, hope you weren't freezing to death!
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!
  • Options
    Twisted ImageTwisted Image Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    It must be a really cool experience but I couldn't stand around that many people for hours and hours. I visited Rockafeller Center once around christmas time and it was absolutely packed...I couldn't take it for very long.

Oh by the way.. Nice shots.:)
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    For 7 hours!!!???? eek7.gifeek7.gifeek7.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    snapstackssnapstacks Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Actually, from the time we got "stuck" in Time's Square until midnight was 9 1/2 hours. Luckily, the temp was in the 40's and I had another sweater in my shopping bag and my gloves in my purse, so I didn't freeze to death! I've never been surrounded by so many people, but they were in a festive mood for the most part and pretty patient!

The worst part was walking back to the room. We were only 2 blocks from our room, but had to walk around the world, approximately 10-15 blocks after all was said and done to get there.

I would do it again in a heartbeat!! I'd just plan a little better...lol
    Teresa Childers Stacks
    www.bffphotography.com
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Very very cool...I'm hoping to do that this year. My sister lives in Wilmington...and she and I have made that we're taking the men to NYC (without telling them) and spending New Years' Eve there. Can't wait!clap.gif
  • Options
    cunarder534cunarder534 Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Far too many people than I would ever like to be around. Once in a lifetime event. Congrats and thanks for sharing. :D