Options

ISO a B/W action

marygracemarygrace Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited January 3, 2005 in Finishing School
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a great black and white action that I can use to convert my color photos. I'd like to use something else besides my grayscale feature in my Photoshop CS.

Thanks!
marygrace
my photos go here

D200
D70
18-70/3.5
85/1.8
50/1.8
lens baby 2.0

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Hi Marry,

I wouldn't recomend using someone's pre-made action for making B&W conversions. There are about a million different ways to do color to black & white conversions in Photoshop. Part of the reason why there are so many techniques is that everybody has a different opinion on how the B&W conversion should look.

My suggestion would be to try out some of the techniques discussed in these threads:
    See if you find a technique that consistently gives you results you like. Once you've found a technique you like, you can make your own action. If you need help making the action just ask!
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    If you just like the automated approach of a plugin, or action there is a real good one out there. It will pretty much do everything you can image.

Fred Miranda B&W Workflow Pro:
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/software/

I use it and love it.

Dave
  • Options
    marygracemarygrace Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Thanks guys. I'll look into your suggestions and hopefully will create/find an action I can create a droplet from.

Much appreciated!
    marygrace
    my photos go here

D200
    D70
    18-70/3.5
    85/1.8
    50/1.8
    lens baby 2.0