Options

Replace Image question

MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
edited January 18, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a bit of a problem...I have an order where the customer made several 4x6 crops to images that were optimized to be 8x10.

The aspect ratio is not the same so quite a bit of the photos are being cut out.

My question is if I REPLACE this photo using the REPLACE PHOTO button on the photo proofing page with one that I optimize for 4x6 will the original photo in my gallery be replaced with this new 4x6 or will it remain the same?

Thanks in advance

to see the massacre look at Order #239595

www.kootenayphotography.com
Cheers,
Monte

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    Montec wrote:
    I have a bit of a problem...I have an order where the customer made several 4x6 crops to images that were optimized to be 8x10.

The aspect ratio is not the same so quite a bit of the photos are being cut out.

My question is if I REPLACE this photo using the REPLACE PHOTO button on the photo proofing page with one that I optimize for 4x6 will the original photo in my gallery be replaced with this new 4x6 or will it remain the same?

Thanks in advance

to see the massacre look at Order #239595

www.kootenayphotography.com
    Yes, the photo in the gallery will be replaced, too.
  • Options
    MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Yes, the photo in the gallery will be replaced, too.

Thanks for the fast reply. Man you guys are fast!

This might be a good option to have on the proofing page as a pop up after the replace photo button has been selected.

LEAVE ORIGINAL or REPLACE ORIGINAL

I am expecting other orders from this same gallery so I want to leave the 8x10 size available. I will need to replace the 4x6 again after printing.

Something just occured to me, after I replace the photos with the 4x6 size and I submit the order can I immediately replace these with the originals or do I need to wait until they have been processed?

In the future I will upload uncropped versions....I realize that now
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    Montec wrote:
    In the future I will upload uncropped versions....I realize that now
    thumb.gif

After you hit "ship it" you can replace again if you like, sure