Options

How do you...

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited January 4, 2005 in Finishing School
When you are writing a title on the top of a photo that has a drop shadow...is there a quick way to centre it ?

(im getting sick of holding up a ruler to the monitor)

ta gus

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    What program are you using? Photoshop has a grid you can display over everything, makes it easier to find the center.

Also, in Photoshop, if you create your title in another document, and drag it over while holding down the Shift key, it's automatically put in the center of the new document. Then you just slide it to the top.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    What program are you using? Photoshop has a grid you can display over everything, makes it easier to find the center.

Also, in Photoshop, if you create your title in another document, and drag it over while holding down the Shift key, it's automatically put in the center of the new document. Then you just slide it to the top.
    ta waxedlegs
    Using PS6 ..how do i find & use the grid ?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    The keystroke is:

Control and " ' " (Hit control and the apostrophe key. Do it a second time to get rid of it.)

Or go to the View menu, Show, and click on Grid. Same again gets rid of it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 3, 2005
    ...or the best trick of all, forget centering, put it off to one side, then you can't be wrong :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    The easiest way to center text is to create a text box the width of your image, and select the "center" button & type.

Dave
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2005
    Tks all...i'll try the lot to see which i find best. I seriously do use a wooden ruler on the monitor.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 4, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Tks all...i'll try the lot to see which i find best. I seriously do use a wooden ruler on the monitor.
    at least you're using a wooden ruler as opposed to a metal one, that could scratch your screen. lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2005
    I agree to with dave.. the easy way to do it is a text box as long as the pic use the cetner key. Thats the only way I can do it.
    www.dipphoto.com
    All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust