edited February 21, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Neat site...I love all the pics. 2476698-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Wings wrote:
    Neat site...I love all the pics.
    Nice composition. I like the way that the lines cross over each other, but I wish your focusing choices had been different.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Wings wrote:
    Neat site...I love all the pics.
    Hiya wings wave.gif

That's a really cool shot. As cmr said, that is an outstanding composition. The bright foreground branch leads the viewer's eye right to the base of the branches behind it. The patch of sky visible through the arch in the cliff draws attention to another major fork in the branches.

What I think would make an improvement is having the bright foreground branch in focus. However, maybe it wasn't practical to get that branch in focus without loosing focus on the branches behind it.

Keep up the good work thumb.gif
  • Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Hiya Wings wave.gif

David
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    hey wings wave.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Hey wingsie, welcome to dgrin. clap.gif You have lots of good pics, esp. w/some cropping. :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Wings - Welcome!

Why do all these people sound so familiar?
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    G'day wings...you dont know me
  • Options
    WingsWings Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2004
    Hi guys wave.gif

Y'all are way too technical for me! One of these days I'll learn to use all the stuff the camera knows how to do, for now I just point and shoot and have no clue what's gonna come out. Looking at the pics makes me realize how they could have been different, and that's neat. But I'm having fun and I love looking at all the really awesome pictures you're putting up.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2004
    You like to shoot the right things. And with a little cropping and help with exposures, many of your shots are excellent - that's why I liked playing with them in your Rain thread. Keep shooting and let us play with your images, you'll quickly get the idea. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    WingsWings Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    You like to shoot the right things. And with a little cropping and help with exposures, many of your shots are excellent - that's why I liked playing with them in your Rain thread. Keep shooting and let us play with your images, you'll quickly get the idea. thumb.gif
    Sounds like a plan! I'm just not one for reading instructions...getting the hang of it by practical applications is more my style. I'll let you sort them out :o)