Options

Light & Coffee

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited January 26, 2007 in Holy Macro
Ok, I favor the light image over the coffee image, but I figured I'd include both.

I'm out of town for work (near Dulles airport in D.C.) and the job is going extremely well...so I have time on my hands. This is what happens when I get bored. Sitting in the chair here at the hotel, I looked over by the bed and saw these lights. I pointed the camera over and snapped a shot. The white balance was off but in this case, I loved the warm glow!

Nikon D200 / Tamron 28-75

125439488-L.jpg

Here's the other one. I'm not too thrilled with this one, but I did enjoy the Grande Mocha :)

125439491-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Tom K.Tom K. Registered Users Posts: 817 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    I love these. Nice bokeh and soothing colors.
    Visit My Web Site ~ http://www.tomkaszuba.com/
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2007
    Thanks :) The lamp shade exposing the light on the right one was bugging me so I did a re-shoot and replaced the photo :) The light shades both hide the bright light now.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    Loved the 1st one mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2007
    Found one more subject in my hotel suite. Thank goodness I'm going home tomorrow!

125610015-L.jpg
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    Ok, I favor the light image over the coffee image, but I figured I'd include both.
    I'm out of town for work (near Dulles airport in D.C.) and the job is going extremely well...so I have time on my hands. This is what happens when I get bored. Sitting in the chair here at the hotel, I looked over by the bed and saw these lights. I pointed the camera over and snapped a shot. The white balance was off but in this case, I loved the warm glow!
    Nikon D200 / Tamron 28-75
    Here's the other one. I'm not too thrilled with this one, but I did enjoy the Grande Mocha :)

Being bored can be such a creative time for people,
    especially on this forum rolleyes1.gif
    oh boy oh boy, I love it when folks get bored on Dgrin clap.gif
    I like both those shots, the coffe one more so .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    I really like the stove one. I think it would look even better if the stove was turned on and glowing orange!
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.