Options

*SOLD* FS: 300D, $495 (shipping incl)

NDebNDeb Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited January 7, 2005 in Flea Market
[font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks, everyone, and Happy New Year--the 300D is sold!!! :clap:clapI now have a 20D and don't need the Digital Rebel body. Excellent condition, works great, no dings, or dents! Wasia firmware is installed so you will have some features of the 10D. Has about 1500 actuations, however, no lens is included. Comes in original box, manual plus 300 D Magic Lantern guide, CD software, body cap, neck strap, battery/battery charger, cables inlcuded. Only problem is that it will need a little sensor cleaning; there are several small spots visible on photos, but I manage to clean it up through "cloning" on my photo editor. I am asking for $495 shipping included (Priority, insured). I accept PayPal and will cover the fees; USA only.

I purchased a 20D, 28-70L lens and sold a BG-E2 on FM. For your reference, I have 430 or 99.8% positive feedbacks on eBay.

Thanks! --debbie

[/font]

http://NDeb.smugmug.com/photos/13491036-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Mu st be str ong......mus..t resis t

stay.... a way fr om the liggght !
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    I said the same thing about the 20D plus a couple of L-lenses--I know the feeling! -debbie

Humungus wrote:
    Mu st be str ong......mus..t resis t

stay.... a way fr om the liggght !
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2005
    SOLD: 300D, $495 (shipping incl)
    The 300D is sold! Thanks everyone!clap.gifclap
    NDeb wrote:
    I said the same thing about the 20D plus a couple of L-lenses--I know the feeling! -debbie
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    If that had been sold on ebay, what is their take?

My daughter wants to know how much I am going to sell my Rebel for. I would have to include the lens. That means I would have to buy the lens kit for the 20D. doG, just a few weeks and I can do my taxes, I hope!!!!!

Then it takes a week minimum to get the refund. That week is fraught with nail biting. Then I hope the 20Ds have not gone up in in price. They were 1400 something before Christmas, probably 1500 something with kit lens..........

Should I support my daughter???? Anyway, just curious, I have about what was just sold, minus the cap............so I am curious how much ebay and amazon take........as info to price outside of them.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2005
    Humungus, that is a good camera, I would get one at that price. Or what price is strength, or something?

If I don't keep mine, sell it to my daughter and if I price it low like that, I would buy it. It is questionable as to why I am even trading up. I mean I know why and can list some reasons, but this IS a good camera.

Of course, you take great photos with your brownie, or whatever you are using, so then, one asks...........................would they be better?

You would have more flexibility.......not that the camera makes the photographer, you have proven that, but........it does not hurt to have tools.

ginger Just My Own Humble Opinion, as usual.......
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 5, 2005
    kinda scary how cheap the Drebel's are going for now. At this cut rate, I'll never be able to afford an upgrade. :cry
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    kinda scary how cheap the Drebel's are going for now. At this cut rate, I'll never be able to afford an upgrade. :cry
    Its not the camera... remember?? I have to keep repeating that.. it's not the camera, it's not the camera, it's not the camera, it's not the camera, it's not the camera.......it's not the camera, it's not the camera.......1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Its not the camera... remember?? I have to keep repeating that.. it's not the camera, it's not the camera, it's not the camera, it's not the camera, it's not the camera.......it's not the camera, it's not the camera.......1drink.gif
    Lynn, I learned on a brownie. At 4 PM, my mother was told to notify me as that was when the light could no longer sustain photography.

Why do I want a 20D. Low light, I have heard it is better. 1600 ISO, less noise, that would lead to less noise from Andy re noise and tripods and stuff.
    Also, sports, sports equal birds and other species, such as a boy jumping thru a sunset over the rocks. My Rebel wouldn't fire. I understand the 20D works.

I think I have many good shots now, but the camera can make life easier as can lenses and other luxuries. The problem is that the cameras don't hold their prices. As a leader and with the popularity it had, etc. the Rebel was sure to lose its price, IMO.

But I really do need/want what I can get out of the 20D that I am not getting out of the Rebel, before I buy "golden" lenses that never lose more than $20.00 of their price.

It is a bit of both, it has to be. Honest, I was in place, everything was set for the sunset. The boy decided to not bother me, he jumped from rock to rock RIGHT IN FRONT of a huge sun..............my camera would not fire. I describe what the Rebel has to do is "prime the pump". I can live with that, I do prefer not to. I will never forget that shot.

I cannot go higher, that is OK. My whole problem now is what to do with the Rebel I have. I think it will stay with family or with me. What would you think? Humungus, I really would get it. If it gets any lower........grab it. It is a good camera if you are not a sports photographer or photojournalist. Put it on a tripod, you are good to go. The word tripod should be a hint right there as to why I prefer one that is not on a tripod and is good to go, immediately.

ginger (The reason it is cheap is because people like me bought in to the DSLR with it, and now we are getting hungry. That is dumping the Rebels in the market.............at a reasonable price, I think.)
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 5, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    yeah, i have a hard time with that one too.

Oh, off topic, you want me to bring you some pastries or something delicious from amherst/northampton?... you're lookin a little too skinny in that new avatar!
    lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    Guys...i can remember paying about $250 USD for an extra 2 meg of ram for my amega.

Just sit back as in 3 years the 120 MP...100 frames/sec...200 gig storage D90 will be avail. You know ...the one with optical parabolic multicombobulator ?
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:

The same thing is happening to the D70. Once the D100 replacement is announced, they will be dirt cheap too. Because of this, it will probably stay in my bag unless I can find some fool to pay too much :D

Dave
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2005
    I sold it cheap because...
    I really, really wanted that L-lens and the 300D was just sitting in my closet after I got the 20D. Now, after selling the 300D, the BG-E1 battery grip arrived a couple of days ago. It's brand new and I paid $85 plus shipping for it! I'm taking a $10-$15 loss; I listed it on eBay where folks will at least pay for shipping. Let's see how that goes! -debbierolleyes1.gifrofl