Options

why is the default not "don't share"

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited January 27, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have been a pro-member for a long time now, and only lately found out that if you put the links to forums, blogs etc on, people still can download your pics, even if they are right click protected.
So I changed all my galleries to not share...

As it turns out, there are two of those sharing links, so people kept taking pics off as I had not seen the second sharing link...

Why is the default not sharing off for the pro?

There is not much mentioning of that problem on smugmug... Am I the only one to be that daft to only see that after two years?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    Because there are all sorts of types of pro account holders. Some want to share, and some don't.

External linking should be blocked if you don't want your photos to be seen OFF your SmugMug page.
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Because there are all sorts of types of pro account holders. Some want to share, and some don't.

External linking should be blocked if you don't want your photos to be seen OFF your SmugMug page.

Well, why cant users be allowed to set up a default gallery setting profile. Then each time they create a new gallery the default profile is automatically applied. The user can then tweak the settings if they want/need to.

Just my $0.02 on that.:D
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    Well, why cant users be allowed to set up a default gallery setting profile. Then each time they create a new gallery the default profile is automatically applied. The user can then tweak the settings if they want/need to.

Just my $0.02 on that.:D
    :D you can..

Quick Settings to the ResQuoooo!
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Quick Settings to the ResQuoooo!
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage

O.k....me can't read.....doh!!
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Yes, and I have... Guess I just felt so silly to notice that after all this time, and with the right click protection plus the watermark, people still got to my stuff...
    Thanks Andy for the response... I know I should read the small letter prints more too.