Options

Best way to let customers tell you which pix they like?

sudermattsudermatt Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited January 31, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
My wife would like to let her customers select from the pictures on thier galeries. The only way I can think of is by rating (thumbs up or Stars).

The problem is, I can't find a way of sorting by ratings or even filtering by ratings.

Anybody have an idea of how her customers can tell her which pictures they want?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    sudermatt wrote:
    My wife would like to let her customers select from the pictures on thier galeries. The only way I can think of is by rating (thumbs up or Stars).

The problem is, I can't find a way of sorting by ratings or even filtering by ratings.

Anybody have an idea of how her customers can tell her which pictures they want?

Thanks
    Above each photo there's a nav with

< Prev 9 of 48 Next >

As long as you don't rearrange the gallery pic 9 is pic 9 in the gallery.
    At least it'll work in Smugmug and Smugmug_small styles.
    That help?
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Above each photo there's a nav with

< Prev 9 of 48 Next >

As long as you don't rearrange the gallery pic 9 is pic 9 in the gallery.
    At least it'll work in Smugmug and Smugmug_small styles.
    That help?
    Al

I REALLY appreciate the feedback. I was looking for a little more automated method.

My wife will most likely do her own printing (because she's a freak and enjoys doing it from her desk - cost be damned). It would seem easiest to let her customers pick on the site and give instructions right there. Rather than having to remember the picture number then send her a list in an email or something.

I was hope to give her customers instructions like:

"Rate the one's you want printed as 5 stars"
    "Rate the one's you want touched up 4 stars"
    "Rate the one's you want to talk about 3 stars"

Then my wife can just go back to the galery and keep working.

Easy for her customers
    Easy for her

Any ideas?
  • Options
    Mac SwensonMac Swenson Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Maybe assign each picture a number, like 001, 002, 003, etc... then the customers can e-mail her with the numbers. Or, I suppose they could leave a comment on each picture they want/like. Just some ideas.
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2007
    See what I mean. There is no way to do this...no way for the customer to communicate effectively with the photographer using smugmug.

This is a shortcoming.
  • Options
    RandoRando Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    sudermatt wrote:
    See what I mean. There is no way to do this...no way for the customer to communicate effectively with the photographer using smugmug.

This is a shortcoming.

I second that.

The only time for the customer to communicate to you about which photos they want is when they place an order.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    Rando wrote:
    I second that.

The only time for the customer to communicate to you about which photos they want is when they place an order.

So have them place an order, then put a long proof delay on it. You can look at the order, see the images they selected then work to correct their proofs...one option anyway.
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    How about using the Comments? You can go check the comments in the control panel and see what customers want, then delete the comment when it's fulfulled. ?? Just a thought~
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2007
    Nimai wrote:
    How about using the Comments? You can go check the comments in the control panel and see what customers want, then delete the comment when it's fulfulled. ?? Just a thought~

Yeah, these workarounds will work, but if you think about it from the customer side, it doesn't seem very professional.

With just a single piece of functionality: filtering or sorting a galary by rating, this would be a LOT easier.

As I use to tell my developers when I was delivering change requests, "How hard can it be?"rolleyes1.gif