Costa Rica Part 6 - Last Part! San Jose

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited February 10, 2007 in Journeys
We took another public bus to San Jose which cost us around $4. It is definatly the cheapest way to travel! We wanted to see if we could get a peak at Volcano Poas which is an hour and a half north of San Jose. So we hopped another bus and took the ride up. Unfortunatly it was really cloudy surrounding the Volcano so we didn't get to see it. We did get a nice walk around the area though so heres the last pictures I got.

It was a different kind of forest then the previous rainforests. Really beautiful still and the quiteness of it is amazing.
costarica057.jpg

This is one of the most important plants in the world. The Bromeliad, or the water pots of the forest.
costarica058.jpg

A random bug found from the jungle. Notice the orange transparent leaves.
costarica059.jpg

Some of the leaves were huge! This one was more then big enough to hide Sarah.
costarica064.jpg

We came back to San Jose for our last day. This is downtown San Jose.
costarica063.jpg

We left the next day to the airport at 5:30am. We arrived home in Anchorage at 11:50pm after a very very long travel day. Another great trip behind us but never over.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    We left the next day to the airport at 5:30am. We arrived home in Anchorage at 11:50pm after a very very long travel day. Another great trip behind us but never over.

What an amazing trip you guys had, I've just looked at all your posts on your trip.

Love the Sloths, I had no idea there was more than one kind, the babies are just adorable, and finding that tiny little lizard in your bag, lucky you didn't accidently crush the little fellow :D

Thank you for sharing you adventure and all your photos, now you'll have to rest up before you take off again thumb.gif ...... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Thanks for checking them all out Skippy! It was a great trip! I may not get much rest before taking off again here soon. We'll see! ;)