Options

Different number of photos per page in smugmug style?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited February 1, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Both my brother and I have 1400x1050 screens on our respective laptop. Both of us were viewing in IE7 and both of us had selected Smugmug style. His page showed 12 images per page, mine shows 15...what gives?

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 30, 2007
    Both my brother and I have 1400x1050 screens on our respective laptop. Both of us were viewing in IE7 and both of us had selected Smugmug style. His page showed 12 images per page, mine shows 15...what gives?

check that you both have the same viewable browser areas(ie. not reduced by google toolbars, etc). The number of thumbs is automatically configured to the available area...so i am guessing that this is what is different.

If you don't like this, you can turn it off.

Cheers,

david
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    Hmm...that might be it...I wasn't actually looking at his computer (what with being about 750 miles away), and he probably has some bar up there. I guess I'll leave it on since I'm guessing it's designed to keep every image viewable on one screen? (BTW, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU smugmug for making scrolling a thing of a past when you click a new image).
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    The number of thumbs is automatically configured to the available area
    You don't say! eek7.gif

Haha- Heck, I've been telling people stuff like "It's on page 7". This explains a lot. :D

Speaking of pages, did smugmug introduce some new url stuff with the recent facelift? What does the P-3-9 this URL mean, for instance:

[noparse]http://nimai.smugmug.com/gallery/******#P-3-9[/noparse]

p.s. marlinspike: I like that idea of putting "Things I want" in your sig! (:
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Nimai wrote:
    You don't say! eek7.gif

Haha- Heck, I've been telling people stuff like "It's on page 7". This explains a lot. :D

Speaking of pages, did smugmug introduce some new url stuff with the recent facelift? What does the P-3-9 this URL mean, for instance:

[noparse]http://nimai.smugmug.com/gallery/******#P-3-9[/noparse]

#P-3-9
    page 3 > 9 thumbs on page
    #P-3-15
    page 3 > 15 thumbs per page
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2007
    Nimai wrote:

There used to be 3 or 4 in there, now it's really just Thing I Want. I guess it was a good idea :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 1, 2007
    There used to be 3 or 4 in there, now it's really just Thing I Want. I guess it was a good idea :D

Can I clarify? I think you mean what I call "First/Rest" pricing; do you?
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    #P-3-9
    page 3 > 9 thumbs on page
    #P-3-15
    page 3 > 15 thumbs per page
    Eeeenteresting. So if I send someone such a URL and they open it on their machine, will it figure itself out and get to the photo that I was looking at when I coppied the URL?
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Yes it will :)
    Nimai wrote:
    Eeeenteresting. So if I send someone such a URL and they open it on their machine, will it figure itself out and get to the photo that I was looking at when I coppied the URL?