WTB: MAC Photo-Video Software

utah1utah1 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited February 2, 2007 in The Kitchen Sink
Looking for something along the lines of Final Cut Express and PS that will run on the intel 2 duo Macbook Pro. Want a little more options than the imovie and iphoto offer. Should have just purchased with the machine but the Visa had taken a pretty hard hit. Thanks all.

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Final Cut Express and Photoshop Elements would make a nice combo...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    You may consider Adobe Lightroom which available free as Beta until Feb 28, $199 until April 30, $299 after that.
  • utah1utah1 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    Yea Jared I've been using Lightroom on the PC and now on the Macbook, great for what it is! Nice photos by the way, SD and Seattle are two of my favorite places in the world and those henna shots are way cool. Adobe just makes great software there is no way around it. I'd like to try the CS3 beta but you need a CS2 code to activate it. And FCP HD looks like the holy grail of video work.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    utah1 wrote:
    Yea Jared I've been using Lightroom on the PC and now on the Macbook, great for what it is! Nice photos by the way, SD and Seattle are two of my favorite places in the world and those henna shots are way cool. Adobe just makes great software there is no way around it. I'd like to try the CS3 beta but you need a CS2 code to activate it. And FCP HD looks like the holy grail of video work.

I work in FCP Studio every day. It's great. Express should be all of what you need, though, I would think.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    You may be able to find a copy of FCE on ebay. I got a new unopened copy of the 3.0 update for $30.
  • SuperJaredSuperJared Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    utah1 wrote:

Wow, thanks for the kind comments! Actually, you can use CS3 for two days without a CS2 serial key.
  • utah1utah1 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    Yea but it takes me at least two days to figure how to start the program. Guess its time to start watching ebay for some mac software love.
  • luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    I'm going to get Aperture.