Options

Be nice, or I'll cut ya!

mystic7mystic7 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited February 22, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey folks, new guy here. I see there's a lot of bikers amongst ya's. I added my bike shot to that thread, now I'll add my best shot here. Granted, it sucks, but I've only had my camera a week and I never had anything other than a point and shoot disposable before. This was taken with a Fujifilm S7000. Now, let's see if I got this attachment thing figured out... OK, well, my 4 best shots are all over 117k so here is my 5th best shot... hmmm... don't see it in the preview window, but I know I uploaded it correctly. Oh well, let's see what happens.
M7

Comments

• Options
    edited February 20, 2004
    And a couple more...
    OK, I went back and compressed two other pics a bit more. Again, I'm totally new at this, and the other 150 pictures I've taken are terrible, so don't bite my head off. Soft chewing is allowed, however.
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2004
    Last one for now
    This one actually won an award! Well, actually they said if I stopped posting at their site, they'd give me one, but hey, it looks just as impressive on the resume!
  • Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Harley Rider, is that you? (inside joke) Mystic, welcome. I really like the fog shot.

David
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    mystic7 wrote:
    OK, I went back and compressed two other pics a bit more. Again, I'm totally new at this, and the other 150 pictures I've taken are terrible, so don't bite my head off. Soft chewing is allowed, however.
    They look pretty good for just starting I think. The fog shot is very nice. The flower shot seems technically decent but A better looking flower might make a better sublect, That one looks wilted or something, but the photo is very sharp with nice depth of feild.

Keep at it.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Welcome to da grin, mystic7! but did you have to show us yer balls so soon? we just met. :twitch
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Welcome to da grin, mystic7! but did you have to show us yer balls so soon? we just met. :twitch
    Ya wanna see my putter, wiseguy? heheheh...

I was gonna respond to the other posts but I can't see them from here! Let's see now, yup, that's my bike over in that other thread. And thanks, but that was the only flower on my property, and it's not really wilted, that's the way it looks in full bloom. I blame the mineral poor soil of S. Florida. There's a much better looking red flower on this other bush, but it pointed down, and I'm not that motivated to get into unnatural positions just to take a picture just yet.
    M7
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2004
    Chlorosis is a problem in much of the south. You can help it by adding chelated iron to the soil. On the flower pointed down (hybiscus, right?), the easiest thing to do is cut it off and set it somewhere, even on top of a cluster of leaves. Nobody will know and you won't get your knees dirty :)
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Chlorosis is a problem in much of the south. You can help it by adding chelated iron to the soil. On the flower pointed down (hybiscus, right?), the easiest thing to do is cut it off and set it somewhere, even on top of a cluster of leaves. Nobody will know and you won't get your knees dirty :)
    What, even in photography there's cheating? What a world! :D
    M7
  • Options
    photographersfrontphotographersfront Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Chlorosis is a problem in much of the south. You can help it by adding chelated iron to the soil.
    Is there anything you don't know fish?

Nice shots mystic7, really like the fog picture, you know, like everyone else.

(I gotta get out of this follower crap)
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2004

Nice shots mystic7, really like the fog picture, you know, like everyone else.

(I gotta get out of this follower crap)
    Thanks, but the thing that bugs me about the fog picture is I photoshopped the crap out of it. For some reason adding film grain gave that one tree that cool white highlight. Here's the original
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2004

sure...everything I don't know. i don't know how film cameras suck up the end of the 35mm cassette without stripping out all the sprocket holes, for example. I also don't really know what happens in a combustion chamber when the mixture ignites and goes boom. I don't understand how bullets are expelled from cartidges just from fast burning powder. Sure, I've read about them, but I don't know about them.