Options

~

davereysdavereys Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited February 22, 2004 in Cameras
Hello There,

Finally got out of the house to take a few pictures at 6am this morning, we in Northern Australia are in the grip of a very long heatwave, 40C+ temps and 80-90% humidity, I have a feeling this global warming is going to fry us all.

Well I usualy use Kodak P&S DCs but decided to give the Canon A70 a bit of a go, nice litle camera, plenty of features and for me most importantly, long battery life.

I updated my website today, it is not a folio of my best work, just my way of sharing a bit of Australia with anyone that cares to take a look.

The URL is http://members.optusnet.com.au/~davereys

Thank you for your Time.
Regards
Dave
Downunder.

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2004
    Dave, looks like you've made changes to the site since I last visited. It's looking good. What kind of shot could you make that really captures the heat you guys are getting?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Dave, looks like you've made changes to the site since I last visited. It's looking good. What kind of shot could you make that really captures the heat you guys are getting?
    1.30 pm atm....40 c again right now....best i can do mate...i am not walking out in it.

Not a creature is stirring.

2504195-L.jpg
  • Options
    davereysdavereys Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2004
    Good on ya Humungus and wxwax.
    Well done Humungus, your picture of the wilted plants says it all, Im not going outside either.

Well there you go wxwax, I guess Humungus picture tells the story.

Regards
    Dave
    Downunder.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2004
    Took me a bit to see what you were showing. Still can't believe you lot don't have air conditioning. What's your normal summer like - highs in the 80s F? 26 C?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Took me a bit to see what you were showing. Still can't believe you lot don't have air conditioning. What's your normal summer like - highs in the 80s F? 26 C?
    No.. this is the hottest summer in 80 years they keep saying in the media. I grew up in this crap out bush so i am somewhat used to it. Summer is always hot 32-37c (90-99f) Its just when it pushes that last 4c out that the crap hits the fan as it were. They are setting up sprinklers on the large distribution transformers in the switch yards to stop them blowing up.

Ice in that drink sir ?

2507034-L.jpg