Options

had to switch crumpler bags

2»

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Good link, thanks. It doesn't really show what the top pocket can hold, the part that doesn't hold the laptop and papers.

Its a pretty large pocket, but no dividers. I believe Andy said he puts the 70-200 f/2.8 in there. I carry my 70-210 f/4 & other lenses in cases.

Dave
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    Its a pretty large pocket, but no dividers. I believe Andy said he puts the 70-200 f/2.8 in there. I carry my 70-210 f/4 & other lenses in cases.

Dave
    Cool, thanks.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    sid - padded dividers
    wxwax wrote:
    I assume the Farmer's Double doesn't have padded dividers to separate lenses and bodies. So how do you pack them safely?

yes indeed it does. in the lower compartment, i get my 1Ds Mark II with 50mm on board, 35L, 16-35L and 85 f/1.8. my 70-200L goes in the main compartment, laying flay, in a sleeve. also in that pocket goes my laptop, folders for papers, a notebook, blower, misc pouches holding cleaning supplies, remote, my 580ex, and also a novel.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    This is the bag I carry....

HERE
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    Wow, that's a lot, Andy. Hmmm, may be a good bag for travel.

Greaper, I have that bag and I like it. But it seems to fall between the stools for me. I need one bag for walking the streets that will fit in my bike's topbox. I like a top opening shoulder bag for that. And I need a bag for travel that's comfortable, is carry-on, and can hold more than three lenses, plus work stuff. Suddenly, that Farmer's Market is looking attractive.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au