Options

Why I am not posting.

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited February 13, 2007 in Wildlife
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 12. Wind chill values between -12 and -22. West northwest wind around 15 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -1. Wind chill values between -8 and -16. West northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values between -6 and -16. West northwest wind around 10 mph.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -1. Wind chill values between -6 and -16. West northwest wind around 10 mph.

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 14. West northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 0.

:cry

Maybe I could get a FEMA trailor and park it in Harry's back yard. I promise to supply my own beer!:D

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Hmmmph. I thought midwesterners, Illini in particular, were tough! naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Oh...I could force myself to get out and shoot. The wildlife would then be smarter than I. :D
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 8, 2007
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 12. Wind chill values between -12 and -22. West northwest wind around 15 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -1. Wind chill values between -8 and -16. West northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values between -6 and -16. West northwest wind around 10 mph.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -1. Wind chill values between -6 and -16. West northwest wind around 10 mph.

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 14. West northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Maybe I could get a FEMA trailor and park it in Harry's back yard. I promise to supply my own beer!:D

Stop your griping! It got all the way down to 54 here, last night. I had to break out the spare blankie.

lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    Stop your griping! It got all the way down to 54 here, last night. I had to break out the spare blankie.

lol3.gif

FLIPA.gif

At 54° I'd be sleeping in the raw!

:D
  • Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Ric Grupe wrote:

I'm such a wimp. It will be in the forties this weekend so I doubt I will get out either.
  • Options
    xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    20 degrees F here. And LOTS o' room on the beach!
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Those temperatures look desirable. Whats wrong with a little wind chill ? :)
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Hi Ric.
    Try to shoot something indoors !

Light a candle - just an example that came to my mind - fill a glass of water/wine, put the candle at the back of the glass and make experiments.

As a matter of fact, I was in the restaurant on the other day and I was watching that light. All came to my mind when I saw it and was thinking about Nikolai assignments.

Regards.
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    howbouchahowboucha Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    I had a bit of cabin feaver going last weekend. We had a high of 8 deg F on Sunday in southwestern Indiana, but I had to go out. I went to Cataract Lake to photograph the tailwater of the dam. The photos are here: http://www.purplepug.com/gallery/2435935/1/127736902 if you are interested. Amazingly cold, but it was worth the adventure.
    I like to take pictures :)

My SmugMug site: http://www.purplepug.com
    My V-Strom Site: http://www.stromtrooper.com
  • Options
    pauly632pauly632 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Looks coldddddddddd
    howboucha wrote:
    I had a bit of cabin feaver going last weekend. We had a high of 8 deg F on Sunday in southwestern Indiana, but I had to go out. I went to Cataract Lake to photograph the tailwater of the dam. The photos are here: http://www.purplepug.com/gallery/2435935/1/127736902 if you are interested. Amazingly cold, but it was worth the adventure.

The adventure is the best part next to a few good shots. Nice!

Pauly
    No matter where you go there you are!

Canon Rebel XTI
    Tamron 28-75mm 2.8
    Tamron 17-35mm 2.8
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    I think you are just a bit south of me ric. I know what you are talking about . it is bitter cold . but hey....looks like 20 degree weather is going to be here next week. at least it won't be so bitter. eek7.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Raining here continously since yesterday will continue next 3 days rolleyes1.gif
    Summer is starting here
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Some of us are......http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=53727 :D

But I decided once was enough for today! Think spring Ric!
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    My hometown in Maryland hit -11F this past week, wind chills hitting 30 below. That's what I call bitter!!
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2007
    dbaker1221 wrote:
    I think you are just a bit south of me ric. I know what you are talking about . it is bitter cold . but hey....looks like 20 degree weather is going to be here next week. at least it won't be so bitter. eek7.gif

Yep...relatively nice today. :D

It has been a struggle just to keep the sliding patio door working....so the dog can get out! I gotta keep the humidity up or I'll suffer.

So it's up to near the state line to visit the grandkids today.:ivar
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    That's what I call bitter!!

THAT is what I call BRUTAL!!!

Take care.:D
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2007
    xris wrote:
    20 degrees F here. And LOTS o' room on the beach!
    rolleyes1.gifD
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    I know whta you mean Ric. Our temps have dropped to the 50's in the evenings. Its brutal, just brutal. biggrinbounce2.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    Ric Grupe wrote:

Wah, Wah, Wah.
    Try winter in Minnesota. That's 8 months you'll never forget.

I could post a few shots from the cold days, you know -17 in the morning,
    -10 for a high, wind chills of -45. But I won't. (but I could)mwink.gif

So buck up and get out there.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    davev wrote:
    Wah, Wah, Wah.
    Try winter in Minnesota. That's 8 months you'll never forget.

I could post a few shots from the cold days, you know -17 in the morning,
    -10 for a high, wind chills of -45. But I won't. (but I could)mwink.gif

So buck up and get out there.
    We hit a low of 65f last night. I actually got under my rug.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2007
    davev wrote:
    Try winter in Minnesota.

No way! I saw the movie "Fargo". rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Heck NO!!! That's why thousands of us Illini have moved down to Florida to cheer on Illinois and Da Bears. Big gathering at local bars. Most of us like shooting in shorts and a T-shirt. :D

It's the crazy ones that stick around in the winter. The ones that don't buy property down here.....we call "Snow Birds". They flock here in great numbers in the winter months. mwink.gif

Keep warm Ric. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

52774658.jpg
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2007
    You know the camera won't function, so might as well stay indoors, right? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif