how are the new canon printers?

Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited January 9, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
I was thinking of a canon printer as I right now have a hp... but shooting with a 20d i would thing the same maker maybe best?:rofl
www.dipphoto.com
All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust

Comments

• gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2004
    Aaron, I'm not sure if there is much advantage to having your printer and camera manufacturer matching. Having said that the new Canon Printers have excellent reviews. Have a look here for more info...
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2004
    Everyone seems to be raving about them. I personally own an old Epson 880 that does a fine job for me. The major complaint I've heard about the canon printers have more to do with the longevity of the inks.

But just how long do you want a printed photo to last when you can pull and print the original anytime?
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    I personally think the Canon i9900 is a excellent printer. Had one at the place I used to work and I loved it so much I am getting my new employer to buy one for here and I am prolly gonna buy one for at home.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    hi aaron

i have recently bought the canon i9950 6 colour inkjet and so far have been very pleased with the results.it prints at A3 size and is quite quick and low db.

i dont have my monitor calibrated yet so can't comment authoratively on colour accuracy but think that it would be pretty good.

it is expensive though..

greg
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.