Options

Web address question.

NathalieRoseNathalieRose Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited February 9, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi!

I linked my main web address to my smugmug address so that people can just go straight to smugmug through there.

Now, The question that I have is if clients/friends type www.nathalierosephotography.com it goes to smugmug but if the WWW is not used, then it goes to the original yahoo page. A lot of people have gotten used to not using the www, is there a way I can link it like that too?

Thanks a bunch!
Nathalie

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    Hi!

I linked my main web address to my smugmug address so that people can just go straight to smugmug through there.

Now, The question that I have is if clients/friends type www.nathalierosephotography.com it goes to smugmug but if the WWW is not used, then it goes to the original yahoo page. A lot of people have gotten used to not using the www, is there a way I can link it like that too?

Thanks a bunch!
    Nathalie
    Hi, you need an A-Record on yahoo - look in our help page, you'll see our IP address. Set that up as an A-record, (IN ADDITION to the CNAME)... and you'll be fine. Be aware that our IP address could change. http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts
  • Options
    NathalieRoseNathalieRose Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, you need an A-Record on yahoo - look in our help page, you'll see our IP address. Set that up as an A-record, (IN ADDITION to the CNAME)... and you'll be fine. Be aware that our IP address could change. http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

Ok Andy, I added the IP in my yahoo account. Now where do I put the nathalierosephotography.com address in my pro features in smugmug to link it? There only seems to be one place to put an address on. I already have the www one there. I'm I just missing something or totally off the ball?

BTW, love your Valentines pic! Very sexy ;)
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Ok Andy, I added the IP in my yahoo account. Now where do I put the nathalierosephotography.com address in my pro features in smugmug to link it? There only seems to be one place to put an address on. I already have the www one there. I'm I just missing something or totally off the ball?

BTW, love your Valentines pic! Very sexy ;)
    You should be all set, looks good thumb.gif

naughty.gif