caseservecaseserve Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited February 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Sorry wrong forum

Comments

• Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    PhotoVu and RSS
    Not sure if this should be here or in the customization forum...

I have been working on getting the PhotoVu to connect to my smugmug site using RSS.

It works if I use caseserve.smugmug.com yada yada yada
    But it does not work if I use the RSS feed from www.casephotogrpahyonline.com yada yada yada.

Any idea why? I would prefer to use the RSS feed from CasePhotographyOnline instead of from caseserve.smugmug.com

Thanks,
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    caseserve wrote:
    Not sure if this should be here or in the customization forum...

I have been working on getting the PhotoVu to connect to my smugmug site using RSS.

It works if I use caseserve.smugmug.com yada yada yada
    But it does not work if I use the RSS feed from www.casephotogrpahyonline.com yada yada yada.

Any idea why? I would prefer to use the RSS feed from CasePhotographyOnline instead of from caseserve.smugmug.com

Thanks,
    I have no idea why, no.
    What's wrong with using the caseserve.smugmug feed? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I have no idea why, no.
    What's wrong with using the caseserve.smugmug feed? ear.gif

I would prefer to use my own domain name. It's a business branding thing. I'm built on smugmug and it is a great service. But I'm selling me not "you".

I'm looking to offer PhotoVu's for sale. Which will push smugmug as part of the package. But if I have a user that wants to feature one of my galleries with their pictures. Then I'll have to explain to them... Well you go to my site www.casephotographyonline for viewing all your stuff even ordering pictures and even though the RSS feed is at the buttom of my/your gallery you need to go to caseserve.smugmug.com and get the feed from there in order to configure the PhotoVu.

Does that make sense?
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    caseserve wrote:
    Does that make sense?

Sure it does. I thought you were asking for personal use. Standby.. i'll look at your feeds.

John - you have to fix the color of your footer, our copyright cannot be read with the color you've chosen.
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Sure it does. I thought you were asking for personal use. Standby.. i'll look at your feeds.

This feed works perfectly for me:

http://www.casephotographyonline.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nickname&Data=caseserve&format=rss200

Perhaps it's a Photovu setting? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Perhaps, I don't know I spent hours on it last night. All I know is that it works with smugmug but not with casephotographyonline.com I plan to do some more testing this evening.

As for the footer, please give me the css to change the footer color to grey and I'll plug it in.

Thanks,
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Just a thought, I'm going to test further this evening. But does smugmug maybe have a better line with PhotoVu then possibly I do. This part of the conversation maybe better handled off line.

I pulled the feed both ways and I even compared some of the lines in the xml feed between the 2 of them and I did not see a difference. I had to add &Size=Original to the feed on both of them. If you don't specify the size then the thumbnails are are too small and the PhotoVu will not pull the picture because the size is too small to be used.

Thanks again for the assistance. Out of currosity, do you have any stats on the number of PhotoVu users that are hitting the PhotoVu gallery on smugmug?
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    caseserve wrote:
    Perhaps, I don't know I spent hours on it last night. All I know is that it works with smugmug but not with casephotographyonline.com I plan to do some more testing this evening.

As for the footer, please give me the css to change the footer color to grey and I'll plug it in.

Thanks,
    Hi John, let us know how you make out with PhotoVu - I've again tried your customdomain feeds, in my feed readers, they work great...

This code will make your footer and feeds readable:

#feedHelp .nav, #feedHelp, #allFeeds, #allFeeds .nav,
    #footer, #footer .nav {color: #000;}
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:

This code will make your footer and feeds readable:

#feedHelp .nav, #feedHelp, #allFeeds, #allFeeds .nav,
    #footer, #footer .nav {color: #000;}

Ok, Andy need a little help here, bowdown.gif the footer is now looking good on the home page, iloveyou.gif but is now gone on the rest of the site ne_nau.gif because it has black backgrounds???wings.gif
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    caseserve wrote:
    Ok, Andy need a little help here, bowdown.gif the footer is now looking good on the home page, iloveyou.gif but is now gone on the rest of the site ne_nau.gif because it has black backgrounds???wings.gif
    change #000 to #555 and see if that's better?
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    change #000 to #555 and see if that's better?

thumb.gifclap.gif :ivar :jose :booze 10944573-Ti.gif :bread cheerleader.gif :hotcake binge.gif :ian