Options

Can I have more than one CNAME?

jeffujeffu Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited February 14, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
This may not be possible and may totally show what a rookie I am - but is it possible to have more than one CNAME pointing to your smugmug pages?

Right now I have photography.jeffulrich.com pointing to my smugmug page, but I'd also like www.jeffulrich.com and possibly other variations - photos.jeffulrich.com, pix.jeffulrich.com.

Is that possible???

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2007
    jeffu wrote:
    This may not be possible and may totally show what a rookie I am - but is it possible to have more than one CNAME pointing to your smugmug pages?

Right now I have photography.jeffulrich.com pointing to my smugmug page, but I'd also like www.jeffulrich.com and possibly other variations - photos.jeffulrich.com, pix.jeffulrich.com.

Is that possible???
    Hi, no it is not possible - one CNAME per account. Wish I had a different answer for you.
  • Options
    movolmovol Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2007
    domain forwarding
    While more than 1 cname may not be possible, you might be able to forward your subdomains...

photography.jeffulrich.com, pix.jeffulrich.com, photos.jeffulrich.com and www.jeffulrich.com are actually subdomains of jeffulrich.com.. (photography, pix, photos and www)

You might want to check with your domain host provider as they may allow forwarding of subdomains - this would allow you to forward photography.jeffulrich.com, pix.jeffulrich.com and photos.jeffulrich.com to www.jeffulrich.com. Then since your CNAME is set up to forward to your smugmug site, it should work this way.

some host providers also refer to this as setting up re-directs or subdomain mapping.
    Scott

Central Missouri

30D
    50mm 1.8
    Sigma 70-200 f2.8
    1.4 extender
    420ex
    http://photos.scottwking.com