Options

What posting colors are safe?

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited February 20, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
I'm aware that some dgrinners use a dark background (like me) and some people use a light background.

If you want to use a color for emphasis in your posting, what colors are safe for both backgrounds? Red? Blue? Orange? Yellow?
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    I'm aware that some dgrinners use a dark background (like me) and some people use a light background.

If you want to use a color for emphasis in your posting, what colors are safe for both backgrounds? Red? Blue? Orange? Yellow?
    If I had my way I'd remove the colors completely from the editing of messages....

The themes take care of themselves.... Adding colors (any, really) can make the posts hard to read, or impossible to read, depending on the color and the choice of default style (dark), test style (grey) or white style (bleh....!).

Red and Blue seem to be okay no matter what style. It's when someone chooses White or Grey or Yellow as a color, well, that makes it really hard to read :)
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Red and Blue seem to be okay no matter what style.

Blue - at least the blue used above is very difficult for me to read in the default style. Just stick with the default text color and use bold, underline, and italics to emphasize words.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    Pupator wrote:
    Blue - at least the blue used above is very difficult for me to read in the default style. Just stick with the default text color and use bold, underline, and italics to emphasize words.
    Agree