Options

parked

kusek24kusek24 Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited February 23, 2007 in Landscapes
Just another day at work...
BOD Nikon D200 GLASS AF Nikkor 24-120 VR; AF Nikkor ED 18-35mm 3.5; AF Nikkor 35-70mm 3.3; AF Nikkor ED 80-200mm 2.8; AF Nikkor ED 70-300mm 4: FLASH SB-800

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited February 20, 2007
    kusek24 wrote:
    Just another day at work...

Cool shot. thumb.gif
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    Nice Capture!! thumb.gif

Little C&C though-

1. Could benefit from some post processing

2. The runway marker on the rt- wish you could have got all of it or none of it. It is a distraction as is.

If this indeed from where you work than it probably wont be that difficult to get some more shots.

Not sure what your clearance or limitations are but some close up shots would be pretty cool!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Nice Capture!! thumb.gif

Little C&C though-

2. The runway marker on the rt- wish you could have got all of it or none of it. It is a distraction as is.

If this indeed from where you work than it probably wont be that difficult to get some more shots.

Not sure what your clearance or limitations are but some close up shots would be pretty cool!

It is where i work, but i'm at a B-52 base. What happened on this morning is i was on my way to work (i'm an AF photojournalist) and noticed the C-130s lined up. i took some shots over the fence, went to the office to get a vehicle and drive on the flightline. by the time i got back out there they had taken off.ne_nau.gif
    BOD Nikon D200 GLASS AF Nikkor 24-120 VR; AF Nikkor ED 18-35mm 3.5; AF Nikkor 35-70mm 3.3; AF Nikkor ED 80-200mm 2.8; AF Nikkor ED 70-300mm 4: FLASH SB-800
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Very nice!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Nice Capture!! thumb.gif

Little C&C though-

as for post processing i used this tutorial http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2292454/1
    and got this result...
  • Options
    rorytaterorytate Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Sharpening
    Just need a little Hi Pass filtering to punch it right up.

In PS, create a duplicate layer then go to the filter menu, select Other, then hi pass. With the slider in the dialog box, just nudge it to the right so that you get an outline. Select ok. Go back to the dup layer now looking gray and, under the blending option, select Overlay. If you really want to fine tune it, convert your photo from RGB to LAB and do the above on the Lightness channel. That way you're not screwing up the color info in the image. Don't forget to reconvert back to RGB as LAB doesn't print as well as RGB in my experience.

Rory Tate
    Canadian, Okla.

PS I really envy your job as I'm an ol' commericl pilot. Any chance of getting some cool cockpit shots????
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    rorytate wrote:
    Just need a little Hi Pass filtering to punch it right up.

In PS, create a duplicate layer then go to the filter menu, select Other, then hi pass. With the slider in the dialog box, just nudge it to the right so that you get an outline. Select ok. Go back to the dup layer now looking gray and, under the blending option, select Overlay. If you really want to fine tune it, convert your photo from RGB to LAB and do the above on the Lightness channel. That way you're not screwing up the color info in the image. Don't forget to reconvert back to RGB as LAB doesn't print as well as RGB in my experience.

Rory Tate
    Canadian, Okla.

PS I really envy your job as I'm an ol' commericl pilot. Any chance of getting some cool cockpit shots????

thanks for the tipthumb.gif
    as for a cool cockpit shot, this is one of my favorites, though its not necessarily the cockpit.
    This is an in-flight photo of the navigator/ radar navigator station on the B-52 all lit up.
    i'm trying to locate my photos from last years airshow. i had some spectcular shots of my B-17 flight (we flew an airshow pass in formation with a B-52) and of the Aeroshell demo team. but according to my coworker, she "accidentally" deleted the photos when i went TDY.:cry :beatwax
    oh well.
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    Outrageous. Now all you have to do is explain every knob, dial, toggle, switch and button and I'll be happy:D

Thanks for the photo!

Rory
  • Options
    mlboydmlboyd Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    rorytate wrote:

Rory Tate
    Canadian, Okla.

First off, I love the shot, kusek24! What a great pattern, and something totally unique and outside of my daily experiences! Bravo! clap.gif

On a totally unrelated note - Rory, you're in Canadian? I went to junior high there and live not too far down the road now. What a small world!
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    It is truly a small world! Bet you hung out at the Citgo too. For me it is doubly wierd as I was born in Canada.

Did you read about the insane ice storm we had last month. Shut us down for about 10 days. Go to http://rory-tate.smugmug.com/The%20Arrowhead%20Ice%20Storm%20of%202007
    for a look at what nature hath wrought.
    I'm in the process of completely overhauling my site as many of the images were just for friends and relatives to check out. I want a totally professional look now since I'd like to make a couple a bucks.

When were you last here? I do love this area and doubt I 'll ever move. And Oklahomans are simply the friendliest people on the planet. Who else waves to strangers while passing in their vehicle?

best regards,
    Rory Tate
    Canadian, Okla
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    rorytate wrote:
    It is truly a small world! Bet you hung out at the Citgo too. For me it is doubly wierd as I was born in Canada.

Did you read about the insane ice storm we had last month. Shut us down for about 10 days. Go to http://rory-tate.smugmug.com/The%20Arrowhead%20Ice%20Storm%20of%202007
    for a look at what nature hath wrought.
    I'm in the process of completely overhauling my site as many of the images were just for friends and relatives to check out. I want a totally professional look now since I'd like to make a couple a bucks.

When were you last here? I do love this area and doubt I 'll ever move. And Oklahomans are simply the friendliest people on the planet. Who else waves to strangers while passing in their vehicle?

best regards,
    Rory Tate
    Canadian, Okla

I know a place they wabe to strangers NEBRASKA!!!!!!!!!!
    I may be stuck in Louisiana, but i'm was born and raised in Ne.
    GO HUSKERS!!!!!
  • Options
    mlboydmlboyd Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Rory, I pm'd you. I always look for Oklahoma photogs here, and I'm excited to see one nearby!

kusek24, NE is a good place, too. My aunt and uncle just moved to Imperial (in the loose, Nebraska sense of living in a town - 14 miles out on dirt roads), and it was a nice place to visit! Where are you in LA? I travel to Baton Rouge every three weeks and am coming to like those locals, too. Again, I loved your photo!
  • Options
    mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    Cool shot-like the crop
    Mereimage
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2007
    mereimage wrote:
    Mereimage

Thanks for the comment. I agonized over the crop but I guess it came out ok.
    Do you have a site I could see?

Rory Tate
    Canadian, Okla.
  • Options
    mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Sure
    rorytate wrote:
    Thanks for the comment. I agonized over the crop but I guess it came out ok.
    Do you have a site I could see?

Rory Tate
    Canadian, Okla.

Its here: http://mereimage.smugmug.com

Its mostly around home and family snaps-make my living with a blade not a camera..................:DMereimage