Options

Hidden gallery only certain people can see?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited January 13, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have loads of post-processing and homework to do, so I don't have time to read the help files. Is there a way to make a gallery that doesn't show up anywhere on my smugmug page but I can send a direct link to someone and they can see it that way? I want to have my regular galleries for my real stuff, and then an invisible gallery where I just put up gobs of pictures for the editor to sort through.
Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2005
    I have loads of post-processing and homework to do, so I don't have time to read the help files. Is there a way to make a gallery that doesn't show up anywhere on my smugmug page but I can send a direct link to someone and they can see it that way? I want to have my regular galleries for my real stuff, and then an invisible gallery where I just put up gobs of pictures for the editor to sort through.
    Thanks,
    Richard

Yes, it's called Sharegroups.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yes, it's called Sharegroups.
    Cool. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2005
    I put it in a sharegroup, made it private, and it still shows up on my homepage. Any ideas why?
    RIchardc
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2005
    I put it in a sharegroup, made it private, and it still shows up on my homepage. Any ideas why?
    RIchardc
    Oh, duh, I'm logged in.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2005
    I think you can just make the gallery private and send them the direct link. No need for a sharegroup.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2005
    Allen wrote:
    I think you can just make the gallery private and send them the direct link. No need for a sharegroup.
    Al

Yep, exactly right. A sharegroup is more for a handful of private galleries that you just want to send a single link to, for convenience.

But private galleries can be viewed just fine by passing along the link.

Don