Options

Snowboard Carving

donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
edited February 27, 2007 in Sports
Here are a few from the Summit Expression Session in Aspen Colorado last week. This is probably the biggest carving gathering in the world. Just a bunch of Carvers get together from all over the world to ride and of course demo equipment. There was only one day of sun and the rest of the time it snowed.

130496531-L.jpg

130496571-L.jpg

130523195-L.jpg

130496581-L.jpg

C & C appreciated.

More shots here: http://donek.smugmug.com/gallery/2486650#P-1-15
Sean Martin
www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!

Comments

• Options
    GkasinGkasin Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Nice shots. I checked out your gallery and there were some great pics. I used to be a fellow carver, tearing it up at Stratton and Okemo. Used to do a lot of testing with Rossignol back in the days of Will Garrow. I think one of my buddies by the name of Alan Schroeder aka Shaggy, was out there with you guys. Wondering if you might know him?

Great to see the carving community still out there!!!!

Gk
    donek wrote:
    Here are a few from the Summit Expression Session in Aspen Colorado last week. This is probably the biggest carving gathering in the world. Just a bunch of Carvers get together from all over the world to ride and of course demo equipment. There was only one day of sun and the rest of the time it snowed.

130496531-L.jpg

130496571-L.jpg

130523195-L.jpg

130496581-L.jpg

C & C appreciated.

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    donek wrote:
    C & C appreciated.

Hi there donek.....the looks on the faces of these people are so relaxed, like boarding is as easy as walking.

Looks fun, they make it look easy peezy too don't they rolleyes1.gif
    Great colours, snow looks great clap.gif nicely done...... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    Is there any saving in the overexposure in shot 4, in the area around the rider's left hand?

If there is, the shot is bang, bang, BANG on!

Great set, especially considering the difficult shooting conditions.
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    TylerW wrote:
    Is there any saving in the overexposure in shot 4, in the area around the rider's left hand?

If there is, the shot is bang, bang, BANG on!

Great set, especially considering the difficult shooting conditions.

I don't know if I would try to "save" it. In my experience skiing and snowboarding when it is bright and sunny outside your eyes usually cannot see any detail in snow sprays because they are so bright.
  • Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    2+4 peachy clap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2007
    Gkasin wrote:
    Nice shots. I checked out your gallery and there were some great pics. I used to be a fellow carver, tearing it up at Stratton and Okemo. Used to do a lot of testing with Rossignol back in the days of Will Garrow. I think one of my buddies by the name of Alan Schroeder aka Shaggy, was out there with you guys. Wondering if you might know him?

Great to see the carving community still out there!!!!

Gk

I'm pretty sure this is shaggy. I believe he's involved with Madd somehow.
    132127257-L.jpg

132127261-L.jpg

Not some of my best shots.
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 26, 2007
    Nice pics but hard booting is lame. :D
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2007
    truth wrote:
    Nice pics but hard booting is lame. :D

I've been reading and posting on this forum for more than a year and a half. I believe this is the first time I've ever seen someone comment that the subject matter is lame. I can say that I frequently observe that subject matter is not of interest to me, but I wouldn't have the lack of consideration to comment on it.

Such a comment is simply further indication that the snowboard industry still is in it's infancy. A complete lack of acceptance for the different styles that are present is strong indication of the prevailing age demographic. Most hard booters are over the age of 25, more often over the age of 35. Carvers are people who wish to continue enjoying the sport of snowboarding, but realize that flying through the air and injuring themself is no longer a viable option.

Have fun in the park and pipe for now. Eventually, you'll realize your body will no longer be able to handle it.
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 26, 2007
    donek wrote:
    wha wa wha wah wa blah blah blah

Lighten up Francis, if I wanted to insult you I'd make fun of all slowborders. See ya at Alta.
  • Options
    GkasinGkasin Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    I completely agree with you Donek. I have been a skier and snowboarder combined for about 30 years and I am still amazed at the jackasses that are still out there flapping their gums about snowboarders.

By the way, thanks for posting the shots of shaggy. I hope to catch up with him in Vt at the US Open in a couple of weeks.
    donek wrote:
    I've been reading and posting on this forum for more than a year and a half. I believe this is the first time I've ever seen someone comment that the subject matter is lame. I can say that I frequently observe that subject matter is not of interest to me, but I wouldn't have the lack of consideration to comment on it.

Such a comment is simply further indication that the snowboard industry still is in it's infancy. A complete lack of acceptance for the different styles that are present is strong indication of the prevailing age demographic. Most hard booters are over the age of 25, more often over the age of 35. Carvers are people who wish to continue enjoying the sport of snowboarding, but realize that flying through the air and injuring themself is no longer a viable option.

Have fun in the park and pipe for now. Eventually, you'll realize your body will no longer be able to handle it.