Options

Silly Question.....

Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
edited January 14, 2005 in SmugMug Support
But I am kinda poor well I wont say poor just strapped right now. I really want to be "An official Member here" and I need some online storage. Was wondering if there is a way to "earn" a membership to smugmug?

I know its only $30 but hey......lol

If I am crazy then just ignore this thread :D
www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2005
    tim, you can be an official member at dgrin without having a smugmug account :D

as to smugmug, remember, with a referral, it's only $25 per year. think of it this way... it's $2 and change a month... less than a dime a day, about 8.3cents a day. surely you can afford 8.3 cents a day ...

finally, if you compete in the challenges and win, you can earn a $40 gift certificate, in lieu of that, we would gladly provide you a subscription.

but, since i'm feeling really generous today, i tell you what:

if you can get humungus to carry wxwax for 1/4 mile on his humungus-oid shoulders for 15 minutes at yosemite this may, i'll sponsor your subscription.

But I am kinda poor well I wont say poor just strapped right now. I really want to be "An official Member here" and I need some online storage. Was wondering if there is a way to "earn" a membership to smugmug?

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2005
    I will pick that handsome devil up 'high port arms' & run with him if you can get Baldy to sponsor a return air ticket.

and i want fish there with 2 kgs of high quality waka kava to drink with.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    and i want fish there with 2 kgs of high quality waka kava to drink with.
    are you going...er, coming?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    fish wrote:
    are you going...er, coming?
    Im getting close to blowing the GDP of some pacific nations on a flamin' camera & lens mate...i recon i would move all my stuff into the spare bedroom if i tried this monkey biz on.

She is a gentle...unselfish..caring..beautifully natured woman but ....she has her ways.

But oh god do i wish i was there. I can imagine the afternoon colours.
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Im getting close to blowing the GDP of some pacific nations on a flamin' camera & lens mate...i recon i would move all my stuff into the spare bedroom if i tried this monkey biz on.

She is a gentle...unselfish..caring..beautifully natured woman but ....she has her ways.

But oh god do i wish i was there. I can imagine the afternoon colours.

i'll see what i can do. humungutroid, d'ya thing yer workmates can do without ya for a week or so? will the lights in oz stay lit? will anyone care?

stay tuned....
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    i'll see what i can do. humungutroid, d'ya thing yer workmates can do without ya for a week or so? will the lights in oz stay lit? will anyone care?

stay tuned....
    lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif you should be on stage mate...."anyone care if im not at work" rolleyes1.gif

They dont even know what truck ive flamin' well got. My only job all day is to find a shady tree to boil the billly & remove any critters that happen along.
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif you should be on stage mate...."anyone care if im not at work" rolleyes1.gif

They dont even know what truck ive flamin' well got. My only job all day is to find a shady tree to boil the billly & remove any critters that happen along.

my advice: start figuring out how many of them little dragon critters you could send baldy's way. maybe a case of that vegimite smear, too. oh and the skin of a dozen dead animals (all different species).

stay tuned.
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    my advice: start figuring out how many of them little dragon critters you could send baldy's way. maybe a case of that vegimite smear, too. oh and the skin of a dozen dead animals (all different species).

stay tuned.
    Vegemite smear ???eek7.gif Fella you cant call the worlds greatest spread a smear. I really think you should try a little. It will put hair on the soles of your feet my friend. A spoonfull of vegemite & i can lift the front of a car off the ground.

The dead animals i have but they are in the fridge.....skinned.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2005
    Humungus, if camera prices in Oz are anything like they are in the UK you could pay for your airfair with the savings you'll make on the gear. Especially if you take something back to ebay....and a present for the missus of course :D

Come on! yer know yer wanna!!
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    Humungus, if camera prices in Oz are anything like they are in the UK you could pay for your airfair with the savings you'll make on the gear. Especially if you take something back to ebay....and a present for the missus of course :D

Come on! yer know yer wanna!!
    Im really really wary of ebay mate. There is some prize rock dwellers in there these days. I am leaning the way of buying local & getting a warranty thats 5 mins drive down the road...not in hong kong.

The camera is easy...either 2 contenders will do a great job but the glass is going to take some time to choose.
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2005
    Humungus, I think what he meant about Ebay was you buy somethign in the states and then sell it on the Aussie ebay site for a profit.
    Richard
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Vegemite smear ???eek7.gif Fella you cant call the worlds greatest spread a smear. I really think you should try a little. It will put hair on the soles of your feet my friend. A spoonfull of vegemite & i can lift the front of a car off the ground.

I dont really think I need hair on the soles of my feet. Would it put hair BACK on my head? That might be worth the import duties.

But i would love to meet you in Yosemite.
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    but, since i'm feeling really generous today, i tell you what:

if you can get humungus to carry wxwax for 1/4 mile on his humungus-oid shoulders for 15 minutes at yosemite this may, i'll sponsor your subscription.
    Is the use of drugs and alcohol prohibited?

hummmm.....will have to figure this out headscratch.gif

Gus...from one sparky to another.....(see above)

I wont be in yosemite, its my turn to feed the mouse that spins the generator wheels here in cincinnati that weekend.rolleyes1.gif

I do teach a 3 hour digital class at a adult education center for 30/hr. But my last 3 classes were canc. for weather problems.

But I need to sign up for real. Runnin outta hard drive space here.:D

• Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    Tim, come down to Davidson, North Carolina, get yourself 30 minutes of training, and work at the parties here this weekend. Some of the eating houses (we can't have sorrorities because of some law about whore houses) are paying $100 for 3 hours of making sure nobody dies.
    Richard
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    Tim, come down to Davidson, North Carolina, get yourself 30 minutes of training, and work at the parties here this weekend. Some of the eating houses (we can't have sorrorities because of some law about whore houses) are paying $100 for 3 hours of making sure nobody dies.
    Richard
    Training? What how to keep your eyes open?

Eating houses?

my 30/hr for teaching basic photography skills and basic PS is pretty easy. And I am in the state teachers retirement fund....if that means anything:D

And not being really sure what your calling an eating house, how do you die from it?

• Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    Training? What how to keep your eyes open?

Eating houses?

my 30/hr for teaching basic photography skills and basic PS is pretty easy. And I am in the state teachers retirement fund....if that means anything:D

And not being really sure what your calling an eating house, how do you die from it?
    Eating house is the version of a sorority that my college has. Apparently there is some NC law saying that if a certain number of girls live in one place it is automatically a whore house, so we can't have sororities. How do you die from it? Well, at college parties (much to my chagrin) certain fluids are consumed in excess. The training basically is they tell you how to keep your eyes open and then you take a quiz asking how to keep your eyes open. Not literally, but it's that easy. It's the easiest way to make money, except driving a minibus type thing for $14/hour might be easier, which is what I do, since I don't like dealing with drunks).
    Richard
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2005

Not trying to be a butthead, or anything, but didn't you just post that you upgraded to PS CS? I guess we all have priorities.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Not trying to be a butthead, or anything, but didn't you just post that you upgraded to PS CS? I guess we all have priorities.

yes we do lol why store a picture I cant edit lol

This was really just meant to be a stupid thread. I know its only 30 bucks and I plan to sign up soon. I just got a new external hard drive for Christmas so I have a bit of room yet. And my high speed internet comes with a small amount of web space that I use for posting.

Just talkin to hear myself talk I guess.

Tim

• Options
    edited January 14, 2005
    Richard
    Thats my kinda party thumb.gif Do i get a wire & black shirt/jeans ?
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2005
    Humungus wrote:

'gus: before you make any sudden moves, holler at my pm box.

and, i've tried vegemite, thank you very little. kraft should be ashamed of themselves, it tastes like road tar ....
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Thats my kinda party thumb.gif Do i get a wire & black shirt/jeans ?
    No...they really oughta start giving the so called risk managers a uniform though. There are guaranteed to be plain clothes cops at a party though, and it's always fun to see what happens when a drunk shoves/yells at one not knowing he's a cop.