Options

Digital Downloads

Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
edited February 28, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have just had someone buy 3 prints from my web site. Thjey also sent me an email asking if I could please email them a copy. I haven't enabled digital downloads because I don't know how much to charge. Could someone give me some guidance for download pricing? I can't imagine people paying too much for photos to use for stuff like myspace pages.

I started SM in July of 2006. I have earned over 250.00 from Smug Mug sales. THat doesn't count the orders from me directly. (If Smug Mug only offered packages!)

Thanks in advance,
Rene`
http://memoriesbyrene.com

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Rene` wrote:
    I have just had someone buy 3 prints from my web site. Thjey also sent me an email asking if I could please email them a copy. I haven't enabled digital downloads because I don't know how much to charge. Could someone give me some guidance for download pricing? I can't imagine people paying too much for photos to use for stuff like myspace pages.

I started SM in July of 2006. I have earned over 250.00 from Smug Mug sales. THat doesn't count the orders from me directly. (If Smug Mug only offered packages!)

Thanks in advance,
    Rene`
    http://memoriesbyrene.com

What I do is guage the customer. Is this someone you'll likely do business with in the future? Then you might want to email them a web-res image for free (they did buy prints, after all) as a sort of thank you. If not, pricing depends on the resolution for me. Personally, I'll part with a myspace size photo for five bucks if the customer is likely to return or spread the word that I'm a decent photog. Guess I'm saying there is no one size fits all-- depends on the photo and the customer for pricing for me.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Thank's
    dogwood wrote:
    What I do is guage the customer. Is this someone you'll likely do business with in the future? Then you might want to email them a web-res image for free (they did buy prints, after all) as a sort of thank you. If not, pricing depends on the resolution for me. Personally, I'll part with a myspace size photo for five bucks if the customer is likely to return or spread the word that I'm a decent photog. Guess I'm saying there is no one size fits all-- depends on the photo and the customer for pricing for me.

That is what I was thinking.

Thanks