Lighting tips for free

wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
edited February 24, 2004 in Technique
If you're like me, you don't know a great deal about artificially lighting a shot.

Well, there's some free and easy help on the web. But you'll need a fast connection. Because this link is to a series of short videos describing simple, inexpensive lighting techniques. Great stuff.

For me, the basic, takeaway message is in the first video: big light source = good light, small light source = harsh light. And in case you think the sun's a big light source, consider how far away from Earth it is. Highly recommended.
Sid.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    If you're like me, you don't know a great deal about artificially lighting a shot.

Well, there's some free and easy help on the web. But you'll need a fast connection. Because this link is to a series of short videos describing simple, inexpensive lighting techniques. Great stuff.

For me, the basic, takeaway message is in the first video: big light source = good light, small light source = harsh light. And in case you think the sun's a big light source, consider how far away from Earth it is. Highly recommended.
    Sid! this was a great link! I immediately grabbed a light source and started photographing the nearest colored thing which happed to be slightly old fruit in a bowl, what a great tutorial, well worth watching a couple of times.... Thanks.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Sid! this was a great link! I immediately grabbed a light source and started photographing the nearest colored thing which happed to be slightly old fruit in a bowl, what a great tutorial, well worth watching a couple of times.... Thanks.

Why was he in a bowl?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Why was he in a bowl?
    rolleyes1.gif no... I have no answer for that Sid... in the words of my dear sister in England "I'm gob smacked".
    Lynn
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif no... I have no answer for that Sid... in the words of my dear sister in England "I'm gob smacked".
    Lynn
    Gee Lynnma, I'm real sorry to hear that. Is there a cure yet?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Lynn
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Sid.