Options

Well...here I am!

Ronald S. Jr.Ronald S. Jr. Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited March 3, 2007 in People
I thought I would take this opportunity to "de-lurk", even though just yesterday is the first time I'd yet seen or heard about this place. I must say, it looks like one heck of a fun place to hang out. It has that nice balance between rules and fun that so many others just can't get the hang of. I've been a devoted member of POTN (photography-on-the.net) for a good couple years now, and still am. Just felt like branching out! :D

I live in a rather small town called Waverly, NY, that's right on the PA border.
My main "job" is that I'm the House Photographer at the Waverly Opera House. My studio is on the second floor of the building in the Gallery portion. It's a fun place to hang around, and we have some awesome shows that play there. Just finished up Agatha Christie's 10 Little Indians, before that was Jekyll and Hyde, and in three weeks, a fun comedy called "The Kitchen Witches" will be opening. Here's the poster I just made yesterday for that show:

KitchenWitchespostersmall.jpg

Anyway, here's some of my recent shots. Not my best, just what I've been up to recently.

Favorite.jpg

trackslandscape2.jpg

flyondaisy.jpg

Westyonbench.jpg

Generalframed.jpg

Jimcloseup1bw.jpg

Anyway, glad to be around, and hope to be a big contributor. See ya around! :thumb
30D, 20D, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100 2.8 macro, 580EX II, 580EX, 550EX, Custom Brackets

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Let me be the first to welcome you! wave.gif

Some really nice shots!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Generalframed.jpg

Really love this one! Great shot all around.
    --Kres
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Hi Ronald!
    First of all, congrats on the great shots! clap.gif

I find it funny when some people, like you, "de-lurk" on forums and their shots are cool like yours!

Your second shot (man and baby) is stunning, I like the overall dark exposure, works great to give an idea of a shady environment. Someone might say the baby's clothes, which are very bright, detract from the photo somewhat, but I really don't think so. Very nice indeed!

And the last shot, with the Martin guitar... well, that one gives me some serious guitar lust, but that's another matter entirely!

Thanks a lot for sharing!

-- thiago
  • Options
    WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Heya Ronald!

Welcome to Digital Grin, may you have a long and happy stay! I think it's neat that you posted so many varied types of pictures. All you need to complete the set and is a bird pic and some shot of a sweaty dude scoring a soccer goal. rolleyes1.gif

Your shots are very nice; my favorites are the one of the bee (lovely detail and the flower is so bright and sharp) and the dog. I will look forward to more of your posts.

happy day,

wren
  • Options
    StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Welcome to Dgrin.
    Sounds like you have a fun job. I like the poster. My favorite shot, while they are all great, is the dog. The composition and B&W are just perfect.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    my favorites are the one of the bee (lovely detail and the flower is so bright and sharp)

I believe you are referring to a dirty stinky fly. mwink.gif:D

Welcome to Dgrin Ron, you have some great shots in the series, looking forward to more of your posts.

I have the exact same shot of a fly on a flower. :)

http://www.reverbphotography.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=153
    http://www.reverbphotography.com
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    Elinchrome Skyport Triggers
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    gmonkeh wrote:
    I believe you are referring to a dirty stinky fly. mwink.gif:D

Hahah, DOH! Yah, that's what I meant, truly. That's what I get for trying to type my comments on pictures from memory. The yellow of the flower really stuck with me, and I focused on that. Uh, if that doesn't fly (ha ho ha) as an excuse, how about...I will blame this wacky iced tea I have made. I think something went twisted with the leaves, and I feel like I have consumed one of those energry drinks loaded with 'ines. Yeah!

Anyway, great shot of a dirty stinky fly, both of you. :P

happy day,

wren
  • Options
    Ronald S. Jr.Ronald S. Jr. Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    All you need to complete the set and is a bird pic and some shot of a sweaty dude scoring a soccer goal. rolleyes1.gif

Your wish is my command. thumb.gif

Chirpingbird.jpg

soccerboy2.jpg

Sorry...they were the only ones I could find. ne_nau.gifD
    30D, 20D, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100 2.8 macro, 580EX II, 580EX, 550EX, Custom Brackets
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Welcome to Dgrin, Ronald. Looks like you've got about every kind of shot covered and we can expect to see your work in every forum! Great series of shots...the dog made me smile, but so did your funny framed portrait. Look forward to seeing more of your work. :saurora
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    Your wish is my command. thumb.gif
    ahahaha, Ronald, that is FANTASTIC! You made my afternoon, thanks. iloveyou.gif You will be quite the contender in the new big contest, I can tell.

Have a inspiring weekend,

wren
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Love the guy in the frame! Priceless. I've seen many with this prop and this is the most fun by far!

Great shots! Glad you found this place. It rocks.
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Welcome
    I can vouch for Ronald having been a great member over at POTN. He will be a fine addition here as well.

Welcome Ron......
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Welcome Ronald. Nice variety of photos. Looking forward to more of your work.