Options

Blogging Anyone?

mghanermghaner Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited March 3, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I was wondering just how many of you are bloging as a way to keep your clients up on your business? I have mine up and running and have a newsletter that folks can sign up for from the blog. The newsletter covers wedding and portrait photography as well as general photo tips and news.
"I feel way more like I do right now then I did earlier today"
http://www.mikehaner.blogspot.com

Comments

• Options
    Scott BuelScott Buel Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    mghaner wrote:
    I was wondering just how many of you are bloging as a way to keep your clients up on your business? I have mine up and running and have a newsletter that folks can sign up for from the blog. The newsletter covers wedding and portrait photography as well as general photo tips and news.

I have my home page ( http://scenesfromthepast.com) set up on a Wordpress platform. I haven't been using it as a blog, but easily can. If you don't mind me asking, what does your newsletter service run you every month/year?
    Check out my galleries : scenes from the past

Scan Cafe: let the pros do it
  • Options
    mghanermghaner Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    Depends on the size of the email list......up to 500 is $15 and it has all sorts of tracking. If they opened it, if they forwarded it and if so to who, what links they clicked on within the newsletter, and of course if they opt out of it. I think that there ar e a few other tracking lines but they dont come to mind right now. If you have less then 50 on your list the service is free.

www.constantcontact.com is the URL of the service. I am just getting my first one ready to go right now.
    "I feel way more like I do right now then I did earlier today"
    http://www.mikehaner.blogspot.com

• Options
    rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    Recently started my blog
    I've recently gotten my Cincinnati PhotoBlog online with a few goals in mind.

First is to boost my exposure in the local market & the e-market in general. The blog isn't Cinci-specific, but since that's where I live there will be a bias to a some of the postings.

Second, by posting articles of events that I shoot I feel that I can direct people into my SM galleries where they may purchase a print. I've already sold a few of local events (completely unsolicited) that were visitors driven to the site via a google search. That was pre-blog. I figure the higher up in the results I can get for any given event, the more likely potential buyers are to get to my galleries.

Finally, due to the increased exposure & search rankings, I hope to gain some increase in offers for shoot opportunities from local groups, businesses, and individuals needing photography. I think it's an all-around good idea (especially since I'm one of the few photographers in my area with a blog).

Feel free to subscribe to the feed; I can guarantee quality content from a fellow SM'er! :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 1, 2007
    I started a blog...but I'm not sure why. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    I've been blogging for 7 years (see "my words" in my signature below), and often post my pictures but I don't use it expressly to market my photograpy.
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    I do blog but it's more like a photoblog. Not many words. I have clients and patrons who keep an eye on me through it.

trishtunney.blogspot.com

cheers,
    Trish
  • Options
    tcphototcphoto Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 3, 2007
    My photoblog
    I have recently started to blog. I don't intend it to be a marketing tool, but just a slice of life. Perhaps it's simply a way to show a mildly humerous side of my work and the people that I work with. Besides, I didn't want to be the only person that wasn't doing it:D.

Tony

http://tcphoto1.blogspot.com