Options

Customer can't select shipping method

photoaviatorphotoaviator Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
Hello,

OK, my second customer tried to purchase a print and she can’t get past the method of shipping. She happens to work where I do so I stopped out to see what she was doing. She walked me through the process and when she gets to the radio buttons to select the shipping method, there was a single radio button (but I don’t recall what it said) with out any options. If she tried to continue, she is told to select a shipping method. We are using IE 6.0 at work. She is not very computer literate so I ordered a print for her to solve the immediate issue. Any thoughts?

http://www.photoaviator.com/gallery/2006012#102881310

Thanks
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    Hello,

OK, my second customer tried to purchase a print and she can’t get past the method of shipping. She happens to work where I do so I stopped out to see what she was doing. She walked me through the process and when she gets to the radio buttons to select the shipping method, there was a single radio button (but I don’t recall what it said) with out any options. If she tried to continue, she is told to select a shipping method. We are using IE 6.0 at work. She is not very computer literate so I ordered a print for her to solve the immediate issue. Any thoughts?

http://www.photoaviator.com/gallery/2006012#102881310

Thanks
    Jeff
    It's rare but certain odd characters can cause the shipping screen to break. I was able to purchase from your site just fine, IE6, just now.

Find out what she was using for exact address and we can continue to improve the cart - thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    It's rare but certain odd characters can cause the shipping screen to break. I was able to purchase from your site just fine, IE6, just now.

Find out what she was using for exact address and we can continue to improve the cart - thanks!

Thanks Andy, I'll check it out next week and get back to you.

BTW, do you live in front of the computer? :-)
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2007
    Thanks Andy, I'll check it out next week and get back to you.

BTW, do you live in front of the computer? :-)

Hi Andy,

I was able to repeat this at home using Internet Explorer on Windows XP. I didn’t try it on my Mac yet. Here is what I found. Her address contains an apostrophe and that seems to cause problems for the shipping method. This is what I used:

8084 Charissa's Place

I also checked the box for the shipping to be the same as billing.

I added an apostrophe to my address:

Was: 19591 Grade School Rd
    Changed to: 19591 Grade School’s Rd

I was able to repeat the problem by adding the apostrophe s to mine.

Give that a try and let me know what you find.

Thanks
    Jeff
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2007
    Hi Andy,

I was able to repeat this at home using Internet Explorer on Windows XP. I didn’t try it on my Mac yet. Here is what I found. Her address contains an apostrophe and that seems to cause problems for the shipping method. This is what I used:

8084 Charissa's Place

I also checked the box for the shipping to be the same as billing.

I added an apostrophe to my address:

Was: 19591 Grade School Rd
    Changed to: 19591 Grade School’s Rd

I was able to repeat the problem by adding the apostrophe s to mine.

Give that a try and let me know what you find.

Thanks
    Jeff
    it's a known bug in our system. Sorry about that. We'll get it fixed, for sure, it's just proving to be a bit troublesome.

Sorry for the hassle!
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    it's a known bug in our system. Sorry about that. We'll get it fixed, for sure, it's just proving to be a bit troublesome.

Sorry for the hassle!

Thanks Andy, I have several homes that I'm trying to sell aerial photos to on the same street. Hopefully a solution can be found.

Thanks
    Jeff
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2007
    Thanks Andy, I have several homes that I'm trying to sell aerial photos to on the same street. Hopefully a solution can be found.

Thanks
    Jeff
    put a big note in the gallery description...