Options

External storage (no, not the shed out back)

2»

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Kids, if you're thinking about buying an external hard drive, there's a great price to be had on buy.com.

They have the highly rated Maxtor 120BG drive for sale for $140 after a rebate. That's a great price. I just got the 40GB Maxtor, and it's dead silent, can't hear a thing.

Link

10352856.jpg
    So waxolus...can i use one of these instead of an internal H/D ? I stuff them so fast it would be much easier to have one i could just plug in....& im serious.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2004
    Oh yeah, absolutely. If you have USB 2, maybe even Firewire, they're every bit as quick as your internal hard drive. I can't tell the difference, to be honest.

Fish talks about filling 'em up and buying new ones to replace them. I talk about sort of filling 'em up, but regularly cleaning out files by burning them to DVD.

That's why I don't think I need a 120 gig. I just bought a 40 gig which works great. And I figure I'll be burning stuff off to DVD way before I come close to filling it up. At least, I hope I do!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au