Options

WTB: 20D , XTi ~$550

alexdingdongalexdingdong Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited March 7, 2007 in House of Canon
Hi there!

If you are looking to get rid of your camera and you are willing to accept an approx. offer of $550 for your camera, please let me know! I'm on a student-level budget but looking to get into professional photography as a side job.

if you email me at adang16@gmail.com you will get a faster response!

i know it sounds low but it's what i can afford for now :dunno

alex

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Hi there!

If you are looking to get rid of your camera and you are willing to accept an approx. offer of $550 for your camera, please let me know! I'm on a student-level budget but looking to get into professional photography as a side job.

if you email me at adang16@gmail.com you will get a faster response!

i know it sounds low but it's what i can afford for now ne_nau.gif

alex
    Is there any specific reason why you need a 20D or an XTi? If you're just looking to get started, I would just pick up a digital rebel or a XT and spend the rest of the money towards a good lens. The older bodies are just as good.

There is a used rebel for $300 right now. And dell has a new XT for about $500 right now.

Most people think the camera is the key to good photo. To some extend, it has some impact. However, for the most part, it's the lens and the skills of the person behind the lens.
  • Options
    alexdingdongalexdingdong Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2007
    aktse wrote:
    Is there any specific reason why you need a 20D or an XTi? If you're just looking to get started, I would just pick up a digital rebel or a XT and spend the rest of the money towards a good lens. The older bodies are just as good.

There is a used rebel for $300 right now. And dell has a new XT for about $500 right now.

Most people think the camera is the key to good photo. To some extend, it has some impact. However, for the most part, it's the lens and the skills of the person behind the lens.

thank you for the thoughtful concern.
    I came down to the conclusion of a 20D first simply because I prefer the rugged body since I'll be traveling a lot and I like what it offers vs a 10D but short of a 30D. The XTI just was an added on consideration because of the luxury of a cleaning sensor and larger screen (which would definitely help my old eyes)

Finally, I believe the resell value of a 20D would last a bit longer compared to a rebel or 10D, as any newer "technology" tends to. So I'm looking to get a camera that if it doesn't work out, at least I can get a decent return. Is that too much to ask?ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    While it isn't too much to ask for those items, these two cameras may be tough to find for that price. I know what you mean about wanting something with resale value. one reason I went ahead and got the XTi over the XT. I wasn't able to find the XTi for less than $700 though. Good Luck though! Let us know if you find anything!