Options

LPS #1 possible entry...

VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited March 10, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, one exceptionally good entry so far… I would like to get everyone’s opinion on this subject as an entry… As a stand alone shot does it really say “chilly” or “steamy”? or do I need to think outside another box?:dunno

134610857-L.jpg

134611002-L.jpg

134611176-L.jpg

134611356-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TrasmcTrasmc Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Well I think it looks cold. But the problem is I don't know what "it" is. Water in a paint bucket? Liquid nitrogen in an industrial strength thermos? Apart from that, it also is a very isolated shot, and without understanding the context, I'm not seeing it.
    Learning a little more every day.

Come visit me at...

www.brickstreetphotos.com
  • Options
    pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Trasmc wrote:
    Well I think it looks cold. But the problem is I don't know what "it" is. Water in a paint bucket? Liquid nitrogen in an industrial strength thermos? Apart from that, it also is a very isolated shot, and without understanding the context, I'm not seeing it.

I agree. It may look good in a science book or web site. It seems to be technicaly quite a good image but lacks impact.
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Trasmc wrote:

I agree... back to the drawing board... By the way, your second guess was correct, it is Liquid nitrogen in an industrial strength thermos... very chilly, around
    -195 DEG C :D

Winston
  • Options
    TrasmcTrasmc Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Now pull a frozen plastic ball out of it and get a shot of it shattering on the floor...that might be something. I saw this in chemistry class once - very impressive!
    Learning a little more every day.

Come visit me at...

www.brickstreetphotos.com
  • Options
    rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Better yet get somebody to stick their tounge to it...lol

Just joking of course...

-Grant
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    rgbivens wrote:
    Better yet get somebody to stick their tounge to it...lol

Just joking of course...

-Grant

Ouch. I just got a flash of the scene in A Christmas Story. :yikes
  • Options
    LynieLynie Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    Trasmc wrote:
    Now pull a frozen plastic ball out of it and get a shot of it shattering on the floor...that might be something. I saw this in chemistry class once - very impressive!

Hey! They did that in my science class too! That would be a neat pic to see.
    Lynie
    ~Life is like photography. You use the negatives to develop.~
    -Anonymous-
    :thumb