Options

Shopping Cart Issue

BassAnglerBassAngler Registered Users Posts: 104 Big grins
edited March 10, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I keep getting emails from folks trying to purchase this photo http://www.kenspics.com/gallery/1769425 that it's either not showing up in their cart or the cart simply won't appear once they add the photo.

I have had 2 sucessful sales so far but I have had 4 complaints on it not working.

I have tested it on my own in FF and IE and have had no problems. I have suggested these people clear their cache, etc. and try again but am wondering why this is happening.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Working fine in IE6, FF and Safari here, for me. Your customer either has cookies turned off, javascript turned off, or is using an unsupported browser. Can you get some more details from them?

Sorry they are having trouble but we can sort them out deal.gif Oh you can also just tell them to email help@smugmug.com anytime and they'll get fast, direct help.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2006
    Weird....it's been more than one person who has had issues. So long as everything is technically correct on mine and SmugMug's side I guess we'll make it happen.

What about someone on an Apple? Are those browsers different?
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    cookies
    I've found Mac users using Safari as a browser almost always have cookies turned off-- maybe this is the default setting? It's easy to walk them through it though-- I'm on a PC right now but I think you click Safari in the upper left, then preferences, then security, then enable cookies. Honestly, everytime I've had someone who couldn't order, I ask them what browser and everytime it's Safari.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited August 17, 2006
    Here is a post from a user on a BB I subscribe to at another site:
    i had trouble downloading. just so you know, neither IE nor safari worked for me. i had to use Firefox. i'm on a mac.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2006
    BassAngler wrote:
    Here is a post from a user on a BB I subscribe to at another site:
    So, IE on a mac is IE 5.5, and is no longer supported:
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/onethumb/2005/06/30/time-to-bite-the-bullet-death-to-ie5/

Safari, they probably had cookies turned off :(
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2006
    BassAngler wrote:
    at another site:

PS, got a link to the other site? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2006
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    BassAngler wrote:
    I keep getting emails from folks trying to purchase this photo http://www.kenspics.com/gallery/1769425 that it's either not showing up in their cart or the cart simply won't appear once they add the photo.

I have had 2 sucessful sales so far but I have had 4 complaints on it not working.

I have tested it on my own in FF and IE and have had no problems. I have suggested these people clear their cache, etc. and try again but am wondering why this is happening.
    I was able to put it in a cart just then...IE6
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2006
  • Options
    dcyphertdcyphert Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    Shopping cart bug?
    This problem has been verified to happen in IE6 and IE7 and FF 2.0.0.2

While logged out.....When I choose a photo, say in this gallery for example...then click on the enlarged image on the right, it will go to the page where it's even larger, this is normal. Where the 'bug' begins is when I click the shopping cart symbol (above the photo) to add to the cart nothing seems to happen, but only when I click the little 'X' beside the cart and make the larger image go away do I then see the little box that says 'back to gallery' & 'on to cart>>' and 'Done'.

Is this a bug or quirk with IE or FF? I think most customers won't know enough to do this (i.e. clicking on the little 'X' beside the cart and making the larger image go away) if they 'add to cart' in this manor. If the photo is added to cart (before) clicking on the image to enlarge all seems to act as expected, (see the little box that says 'back to gallery' & 'on to cart>>' and 'Done'.)

If anyone else can try this and reply back to whether they get the same results, I'd appreciate the help.
    Dave

Canon EOS 30D, EOS Rebel XT, (2) Canon 430ex ETTL Flash, Canon 70-200mm IS USM L, 28-135mm IS USM lenses, Canon ST-E2 Wireless transmitter, Stroboframe flash bracket, Off camera shoe, Canon Remote Timer
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    dcyphert wrote:
    This problem has been verified to happen in IE6 and IE7 and FF 2.0.0.2

While logged out.....When I choose a photo, say in this gallery for example...then click on the enlarged image on the right, it will go to the page where it's even larger, this is normal. Where the 'bug' begins is when I click the shopping cart symbol (above the photo) to add to the cart nothing seems to happen, but only when I click the little 'X' beside the cart and make the larger image go away do I then see the little box that says 'back to gallery' & 'on to cart>>' and 'Done'.

Is this a bug or quirk with IE or FF? I think most customers won't know enough to do this (i.e. clicking on the little 'X' beside the cart and making the larger image go away) if they 'add to cart' in this manor. If the photo is added to cart (before) clicking on the image to enlarge all seems to act as expected, (see the little box that says 'back to gallery' & 'on to cart>>' and 'Done'.)

If anyone else can try this and reply back to whether they get the same results, I'd appreciate the help.
    The shopping cart does not work at this time in the LightBox, I'm sorry. It's a known bug, and we'll fix it as soon as possible.