Options

El Centro Aviation Pictures

TakeFlightTakeFlight Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited March 10, 2007 in Holy Macro
My squadron was out in El Centro, CA for a Weapons detachment. Here are some of the pics that I took. Thoughts?? The black & white one was a buddies shot. I think that one is definitely a winner. Check out the rest at www.takeflightphotography.com. I appreciate any comments, critiques, etc.

134149538-M.jpg

134148496-M.jpg

134148826-M.jpg
Canon 20D
Canon Lenses: EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
Canon 580EX Speedlight, TC-80N3, BG-E2 Battery Pack
Mac Book Pro

Comments

• Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Are those the Blue Angels? Really nice shots, especially like #2 with the moon in the background!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    TakeFlight wrote:
    My squadron was out in El Centro, CA for a Weapons detachment. Here are some of the pics that I took. Thoughts?? The black & white one was a buddies shot. I think that one is definitely a winner. Check out the rest at www.takeflightphotography.com. I appreciate any comments, critiques, etc.

I like your buddies shot too, B&W can come across more powerful than colour sometimes :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    All great shots -- especially the 2nd one with the partial moon in view.
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2007
    Yes, those are the Blue Angels. El Centro is their winter practice home. We got a free show every Thursday and Saturday. It was quite the treat. All that and we got to go flying around southern California:)
    Canon 20D
    Mac Book Pro
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    TakeFlight wrote:
    Yes, those are the Blue Angels. El Centro is their winter practice home. We got a free show every Thursday and Saturday. It was quite the treat. All that and we got to go flying around southern California:)

how far north do they go when they practice? I've been seeing some odd con trails lately - 90 degree angles and such (I'm up in the San Bernardino area) - more likely it was flights out of Edwards or something.

I remember watching the Blue Angels out of El Centro when I was a kid. My dad/grandfather farmed down there and dad was also retired from the air force, so of course we went to see themclap.gif

thanks for posting.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2007
    Yeah, anything with 90 degree con trails is not likely the blues or anything the Navy flies. F22's have thrust vectoring which could look like a 90 degree shift in a con trail, but that I am not sure of.
    Canon 20D
    Mac Book Pro
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    loved them loved 1st and 2nd
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited March 10, 2007
    The second is a great shot with the moon. I bet watching the Blues on such a
    regular basis never gets boring thumb.gif

That first is a classic too.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?