Options

AMA Superbike @ Daytona (part2)

F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited March 28, 2007 in Sports
A few more from last weekend. I hope you enjoy them and thanks again to everyone!
136262391-L.jpg

136262174-L.jpg

136261738-L.jpg

136260817-L.jpg

136261050-L.jpg

136262439-L.jpg

Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
www.christophersedgwick.com

Comments

• Options
    HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    With #4 you managed to show motion in a sharp head-on shot. Good work! :D Nice blur (and color) in #5 too.
    Tim
  • Options
    CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Wow, Nice shots, Cute of Him kissing his trophy !
  • Options
    jcmphotojcmphoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 16, 2007
    Chris,

Nice shots. Which AMA races are you planning on shooting this year?

I'm planning on Barber, Miller, Road Atlanta and maybe Laguna Seca for the AMA/MotoGP.
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2007
    jcmphoto wrote:
    Chris,

Nice shots. Which AMA races are you planning on shooting this year?
    I'm planning on Barber, Miller, Road Atlanta and maybe Laguna Seca for the AMA/MotoGP.
    Hi jcmphoto,

I'm planning on making it to all of them this year with the exception of June 1-3 Road America in WI. My wife and I will be in Italy that week where I'm going to try and get into Mugello to photograph the MotoGP!

If you see me at any of the races you make it to, please drop by and say hello!
    Cheers,

• Options
    edited March 16, 2007
    With #4 you managed to show motion in a sharp head-on shot. Good work! :D Nice blur (and color) in #5 too.
    Harvey and CookieS,

Thanks for the comments...the motion blur BTW, is mostly just depth of field combined with proper distance.
    Cheers,

• Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    I checked out your link, very nice work! Funny though, I didn't see any shots of Honda at the gas pumps......11doh.gif

The racing was great on TV, so I can only imaging how sweet it must be in person.

I'll be looking for more, from future races!
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    jcmphotojcmphoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 17, 2007
    F45 wrote:
    Hi jcmphoto,

I'm planning on making it to all of them this year with the exception of June 1-3 Road America in WI. My wife and I will be in Italy that week where I'm going to try and get into Mugello to photograph the MotoGP!

If you see me at any of the races you make it to, please drop by and say hello!

Will do.

Did you happen to get any shots of my buddy privateer #61 Scott Jensen? He ran Supestock and Superbike at Daytona. He finished 8th in Superstock...

TIA
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2007
    jcmphoto wrote:
    Will do.

Did you happen to get any shots of my buddy privateer #61 Scott Jensen? He ran Supestock and Superbike at Daytona. He finished 8th in Superstock...
    TIA
    Sorry Jcmphoto,
    I don't think I have any of Scott.
    Cheers,

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited March 17, 2007
    Some nice shots!

4 & 5 are my two faves.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    GkasinGkasin Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Awesome shots. I would love the opportunity to shoot some AMA road at some point. I am going to be hitting several AMA motocross nationals this summer. Still trying to work on getting my credentials though. Any ideas?

gk

F45 wrote:
    A few more from last weekend. I hope you enjoy them and thanks again to everyone!
    136262391-L.jpg

136262174-L.jpg

136261738-L.jpg

136260817-L.jpg

136261050-L.jpg

136262439-L.jpg

• Options
    edited March 19, 2007
    Gkasin wrote:
    Awesome shots. I would love the opportunity to shoot some AMA road at some point. I am going to be hitting several AMA motocross nationals this summer. Still trying to work on getting my credentials though. Any ideas? gk
    Gkasin,
    Thanks for the compliment!
    I would suggest starting off with the obvious approach for obtaining creds; submitting your best work to magazines and possibly on-line racing sites. Try to find out exactly who you should contact, as broadcasting an email to dozens of editors at once is definately frowned upon. A quick hello and invitation to see your website, gallery or what have you addressed to someone personally is all that's needed. They're extremely busy folks but will usually take a quick glance at new work when they have time. Just don't pest or hound them. They receive plenty of submissions every week and have very little tolorance for unprofessionalism and whining.

Another option would be to send 2 or 3 8x10's to a publication editor with the same notice regarding your new work. This keeps you out of their "spam" folder and allows them to see the details of your work up close without having to comb through a pile of thumbnails.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck!
    Cheers,

• Options
    GkasinGkasin Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely try going that direction.

F45 wrote:
    Gkasin,
    Thanks for the compliment!
    I would suggest starting off with the obvious approach for obtaining creds; submitting your best work to magazines and possibly on-line racing sites. Try to find out exactly who you should contact, as broadcasting an email to dozens of editors at once is definately frowned upon. A quick hello and invitation to see your website, gallery or what have you addressed to someone personally is all that's needed. They're extremely busy folks but will usually take a quick glance at new work when they have time. Just don't pest or hound them. They receive plenty of submissions every week and have very little tolorance for unprofessionalism and whining.

Another option would be to send 2 or 3 8x10's to a publication editor with the same notice regarding your new work. This keeps you out of their "spam" folder and allows them to see the details of your work up close without having to comb through a pile of thumbnails.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck!
  • Options
    tcsphototcsphoto Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    F45 wrote:

Great shots, 4 is my favorite. I checked out your gallery. Very niceclap.gif
    Tom (tcsphoto)

I used to dream of all things Nikon, then I got the bill.
    http://www.sowdphotography.com/
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007
    Thank you Tom,
    Maybe we'll see each other at Mid Ohio this summer?

(lame joke warning:)
    I'll be the guy with the Canon camera! eek7.gif

Too bad they've now eliminated the late September race and will only have one at Mid Ohio this year. I thought the track was beautiful for photography.
    Cheers,

• Options
    maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    The Spies/Letitia shot is a nice portrait Chris, I like that.

Daytona. Kinda funny that it's the same state as the "Happiest Place On Earth"... I really dislike the inconsistencies in security. You can get to some places and then others you can't depending on who you run into guard-wise.

I'm beginning to think it's almost run it's course and it's time to start the season elsewhere. The Superbikes are shredding tyres and that SX track on the side of the main straight cannot be safe. One handlebar nudge/contact and whoever the unlucky person who comes off ain't going to fair too well.....

Andrew :)
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

• Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    Thanks Andrew!

Although this was my first time at Daytona, I agree with you regarding the security inconsistencies and general safety of the course. I found that access changed throughout the day too...sometimes an access gate had a security guard while other times there was just a locked chain!

Lots of fun to see them able to really open up around the oval but the high bank did seem a little dangerous... and I might add, not the prettiest track for photos!
    Cheers,