Black and white photographs for my site!

B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited March 23, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
I'm up to start the construction of my own website, and I was looking through all the stuff I have shooted for the past 2 o 3 months, and more... I really don't know the dates of all my pictures :rofl, anyway, I need to know if you would like to see this black and white pictures in a site, they're pretty simple, but I guess it's only a matter of time to improve myself :D

Thanks for reading and for the feedback, which ones would you prefer? Which ones you liked? which ones you didn't like? Thank you :thumb

Byron M.

IMG_9456 800x600.jpg
"... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth

Comments

• B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    B:// wrote:
    I'm up to start the construction of my own website, and I was looking through all the stuff I have shooted for the past 2 o 3 months, and more... I really don't know the dates of all my pictures rolleyes1.gif, anyway, I need to know if you would like to see this black and white pictures in a site, they're pretty simple, but I guess it's only a matter of time to improve myself :D

Thanks for reading and for the feedback, which ones would you prefer? Which ones you liked? which ones you didn't like? Thank you thumb.gif

Byron M.

Hi Byron,

It's all a matter of taste, B&W are often more dramatic than shots in colour.
    Everyone has a style of photography and you do as well.
    Now either people are going to like your "Style" or they are not.

Just a word of advice, if your going to put images up on your site, don't do what you do here with your headings, they are wayyyyyy too long.

Keep your headings short and simple.

The images will speak for themselves..... all the best for your new adventure Byron, don't forget to post a link so we can all visit :D

..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    edited March 11, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Byron,

It's all a matter of taste, B&W are often more dramatic than shots in colour.
    Everyone has a style of photography and you do as well.
    Now either people are going to like your "Style" or they are not.

Just a word of advice, if your going to put images up on your site, don't do what you do here with your headings, they are wayyyyyy too long.

Keep your headings short and simple.

The images will speak for themselves..... all the best for your new adventure Byron, don't forget to post a link so we can all visit :D

..... Skippy

Thank you Skippy, I know my "style" (which I don't think I have) is not going to be good to everybody, but I was talking about the pictures themselves, about which one you might find "good" and the ones you don't like, it's just to clear my mind a little bit, that's all, I need opinions on the pictures, and of course I would thank the feedback :D

About the heading, I don't understand that, hahaha.

And yes, my site it's going to be pretty simple, I would show it to you in some days, and my site is not going to be just black and white, and I need to finish a lot more conversion, this is just to see how it goes for the ones I already have.

Thanks for the recomendations on the headings, if I guess what it is what you tried to tell me hehehe, sorry, and I will be waiting for the other comments, thank you :D

Byron Mármol.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    B:// wrote:
    About the heading, I don't understand that, hahaha.

Byron Mármol.

Here's an example for you :D you'll figure it out .... Skippy

I would have just called this thread......
    Black & White Photography short and simple.

instead of ......

Black and white photographs for my site! Ideas and comments please!
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited March 12, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Here's an example for you :D you'll figure it out .... Skippy

I would have just called this thread......
    Black & White Photography short and simple.

instead of ......

Black and white photographs for my site! Ideas and comments please!

Oooooooh I see I see, ok, thanks, see I already changed it :D, thanks for the info, and no, my site is all about images, no words at all, not even letters I guess.

No feedback? :( No favourites? :( :cry

Ok I'll wait a little longer! thumb.gif
    edited March 16, 2007
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    I like Number 2. Great shot.

#3, I think you need to get a little tighter or a little farther away. Both lips should be in the shot. IMO.

#6, I like it, good use of the available light.

#7, The lighting is just to harsh, looks like he's wearing an eye patch.

#8, the composition is good, but I think for this kind of shot you may have added a bit to much grain. You've lost almost all detail by doing this.

#11, This could be a fantastic shot if the skateboarder wasn't backlight so much. Maybe a different time of day. But his form, all the eyes on him, where he came from, where he's going, it's all there.

#13, I think I would have made this into a vertical shot, and tried to get rid of the huge shadow on the left. Once again, I think the face is a bit to dark.

Lighting is the toughest part of taking photos. It's there, or it isn't.
    A couple of your shots I think could have been better with the use of a fill flash.

Good luck on the site.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    very nice BWs loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    I like your work, Byron. Let me know when you get your site set up so I can check it out.
    edited March 23, 2007
    davev wrote:
    I like Number 2. Great shot.

#3, I think you need to get a little tighter or a little farther away. Both lips should be in the shot. IMO.

#6, I like it, good use of the available light.

#7, The lighting is just to harsh, looks like he's wearing an eye patch.

#8, the composition is good, but I think for this kind of shot you may have added a bit to much grain. You've lost almost all detail by doing this.

#11, This could be a fantastic shot if the skateboarder wasn't backlight so much. Maybe a different time of day. But his form, all the eyes on him, where he came from, where he's going, it's all there.

#13, I think I would have made this into a vertical shot, and tried to get rid of the huge shadow on the left. Once again, I think the face is a bit to dark.

Lighting is the toughest part of taking photos. It's there, or it isn't.
    A couple of your shots I think could have been better with the use of a fill flash.

Good luck on the site.

Thank you very much for all your recomendations, very appreciated :D

Yes, the second one is one of my favourites too, just a lucky shot.

On No.3 I tried to add some intimacy to the shot, I guess it didn't work out so well, hahaha.

No.7 Needs a reedition then headscratch.gif, hahaha, thank you.

No.8 Too much grain, yes yes you're right, it needs reedition too :D I remember now that I thought that too when I was editing that one, too much noise rolleyes1.gif

No.11 I love it and the backlight makes it kind of celestial, he actually landed that trick, and the moment felt pretty special :)

And yes, I need strobe light to fill certain photos, but I'm still without my speedlight and I hate built-in flash, even when I use homemade difusors, it looks harsh :P, but I'll get my 580 soon :D

Thank you for all your recomendations my friend :D have a nice day :Dclap.gif

Byron Marmol
    edited March 23, 2007
    Thanks for the kind words Awais :Diloveyou.gif

And I'll let you all know when the site is up, for now it's under construction :)

Gary, thanks for those kind words too, very appreciated :Diloveyou.gif

Byron Marmol