How does SM determine S,M & L downsizes ?

LouBuonomoLouBuonomo Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited January 19, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi All,

I am new here and been using SM for a while. I post on some other boards that have size limits (650px on longest side).

I normaly crop my originals in 4x6 or 8x10 format and upload to SM. Does SM use a specific formula for downsizing ? it would be great if we could set the X and/or Y ratio.

My problem is that mediums are a little to small and large are two big for me to post on the other sites without incurring sizing comments.

Thanks,
Lou

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 19, 2005
    Hi Lou,

buried half-way down in this help section is a chart that has the anwers you seek! http://www.smugmug.com/help/display-quality

The reason the sizes were picked that way is for the Elegant gallery style, which is used the most of any style. It's designed to fit in a 1024x768 display side-to-side and top-to-bottom without extra space but also with no scrolling. LIkewise for Elegant Small, but for 800x600.

You could upload your 650s and they'll turn into the large size. They can be square.

I hope this helps,
    Chris
  • LouBuonomoLouBuonomo Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    Thanks Chris. I did not want to duplicate images. I like having the originals full size for printing.

Lou