136709237-M.jpg

136709901-M.jpg

136710515-M.jpg

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” -Helmut Newton-

Comments

• Options
    hichuzhichuz Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    Nice shots taken on a rare day without rust. If I didn't know better, would swear that these are some of the same folks that I saw standing on the corner of 101 & 126 in Florence yesterday.
    RC :thumb
  • Options
    RustingInPeaceRustingInPeace Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    hichuz wrote:
    Nice shots taken on a rare day without rust. If I didn't know better, would swear that these are some of the same folks that I saw standing on the corner of 101 & 126 in Florence yesterday.

They all start to look alike after a whilerolleyes1.gif

• Options
    destesdestes Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    I've read before that a lot of "protesters" are "hired", especially if it's a big one and going to be televised. Not much of a protest if nobody shows up. headscratch.gif
    Dale

Canon 30d
    EF 28-105mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM II
    EF 100-300mm 1:4.5-5.6 USM
    Speedlight 380EX
    Sekonic L-28c2 Studio Deluxe

http://photography.daleestes.com
  • Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    destes wrote:
    I've read before that a lot of "protesters" are "hired", especially if it's a big one and going to be televised. Not much of a protest if nobody shows up. headscratch.gif

Laughing.gif....yeah. You probably never hear from the average person/voter in the U.S. at these protests...because, like me....they're at WORK. rolleyes1.gif I always wonder how all these people have time to show up at protests during the week. Weekends I can understand...but during the week all the time? Not sure when this one was, but I hear about the ones that happen during the week all the time in the news. Oh well. Maybe the gov't will let me off for 3 months since that's how long it takes me each year at work to pay my taxes. Then I'd have time to protest :D
  • Options
    RustingInPeaceRustingInPeace Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    Laughing.gif....yeah. You probably never hear from the average person/voter in the U.S. at these protests...because, like me....they're at WORK. rolleyes1.gif I always wonder how all these people have time to show up at protests during the week. Weekends I can understand...but during the week all the time? Not sure when this one was, but I hear about the ones that happen during the week all the time in the news. Oh well. Maybe the gov't will let me off for 3 months since that's how long it takes me each year at work to pay my taxes. Then I'd have time to protest :D

This was on Saturday, the 17th. Eugene turns out pretty heavy crowds for protests. The mix at this one was pretty interesting. You had the usual "protest everything group", but about half the crowd looked pretty middle class. There were a lot of parents of serving troops at this one with pictures of their sons.

I also saw a couple of guys I personally know that are recently returned from the sandbox, that turned out for this one. To see Rick protesting the war was pretty shocking. He has always been one of the most gun-ho guys I have known. He only really had one word to describe his time there, "FUBAR".