Options

Suggestion?

DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited March 18, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hey, I'm totally new around here so feel free to blow me off if you like...

But another "old-timer" and I were talking and thought it might be kinda cool if there was a forum designated to philisophical discussion on photography... sort of like who and what motivates us, how we all define art, why we like to shoot what we shoot, debates on shooting styles, how we can challenge ourselves, etc. All civil of course.

Just thought I'd put the idea out there...
Amy :D
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

Comments

• Options
    JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    DRabbit wrote:
    But another "old-timer" and I were talking and thought it might be kinda cool if there was a forum designated to philisophical discussion on photography... sort of like who and what motivates us, how we all define art, why we like to shoot what we shoot, debates on shooting styles, how we can challenge ourselves, etc. All civil of course.

Hey!!! I'm not THAT old!!! Yet. Although I have recently noticed some grey in my whiskers. That put an end to the goatee.

I'm with you Amy. The deeper discussion about what we love helps to create community and understanding of each others' work. I think it'd be cool.

Jim
    Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Pratice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regrets.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Continue to learn.
    Do what you love.
    Live as if this is all there is.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    DRabbit wrote:
    Hey, I'm totally new around here so feel free to blow me off if you like...

Just thought I'd put the idea out there...
    Tell you what, Amy - I'm cooking up something REALLY COOL with Old Man Fuglestad so give me a week or so and we'll see what can be done, eh?

clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2007
    Andy,

Even though I find your avatar ever so slightly disturbing (Laughing.gif), you rock!

thumb.gif
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wings.gifbarbwings.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    You two know eachother?
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    You two know eachother?

Ya, Amy is a veteran STF'r. She was one of the posters that made the golden age of the STF happen.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2007

Shay!!!!

Great to see you :ivar (these smilies are too funny)!

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    DRabbit wrote:
    Shay!!!!

Great to see you :ivar (these smilies are too funny)!
    Heh, that would be me (ivar) :ivar (not that I know why that one is me btw)
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 18, 2007
    Hey!!! I'm not THAT old!!! Although I have recently noticed some grey in my whiskers. That put an end to the goatee.

eek7.gifheadscratch.gif