Options

So who won contest #1?

JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited March 20, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I thought it would be posted in 24hours, so I searched and didn't see it posted. Maybe I'm dumb and can't find it or something, but if anyone has a link or info, do let me know as I'd like to see the winner - even if not me. :D:D:D :thumb :thumb :thumb
Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    John,
    JohnC wrote:
    I thought it would be posted in 24hours, so I searched and didn't see it posted. Maybe I'm dumb and can't find it or something, but if anyone has a link or info, do let me know as I'd like to see the winner - even if not me. :D:D:Dthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Everyone who played is the winner mwink.gif
    It's just ten of them have already earned the right to play in the Semifinal I, while for the rest of us there are more prequals to knock deal.gif

And no, you haven't miss anything. I suspect simply having such a large panel of judges spread globally and such a large number of high quality entries it's not an easy task to sort them out. The logistics only can take a day. Besides, it's the first for everybody, no methodology worked out yet...

No worries, it'll come! iloveyou.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 20, 2007
    JohnC wrote:
    I thought it would be posted in 24hours, so I searched and didn't see it posted. Maybe I'm dumb and can't find it or something, but if anyone has a link or info, do let me know as I'd like to see the winner - even if not me. :D:D:Dthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Whoa! Slow down cowboy. The judges are at work.

(I don't think anyone promised 24 hours.)
  • Options
    tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    Whoa! Slow down cowboy. The judges are at work.

(I don't think anyone promised 24 hours.)
    Shay did deal.gif
    http://dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=509488&postcount=66
  • Options
    pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    tsk1979 wrote:

But it was never defined as 24 hours duration. It could have meant 24 man hours (3 days duration) mwink.gifD
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • Options
    tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    pemmett wrote:
    But it was never defined as 24 hours duration. It could have meant 24 man hours (3 days duration) mwink.gifD
    wings.gifivar Dude with 6 judges 24 man hours would mean less than 24 :D.
    On a more realistic note with so many entries 48 hours would be a more realistic target.

On a side note, can the judges tell us how many "Where are the results" PMs have they got till now.
    Have any death threats been issued yet :D
  • Options
    JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    It's cool.... no one is in a rush. thumb.gif But we are curious! :Dbowdown.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 20, 2007
    If I didn't have to answer threads like this, I could post the results all that much sooner. blbl.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    The judges had 24 hours to vote, which we went right to the end of, so now tabulating and announcing will be sometime after that. We are going to change that to have a shorter voting time window so hopefully we can get the vote results out sooner.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Nervewrecking...Laughing.gif
    WOW..this is nervewrecking eek7.gif ...Curiosity is killing a lot of nerves today.especially mine. I'll patiently wait, I might not have any nails left, but I'l wait :cry ....Are the winners going to get an email??deal.gif

Praise be bowdown.gif to the judges who have to decide....There was a lot of great entries!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    think of it as 24 hrs --and goverment workers eek7.gif we will get back to ya headscratch.gif ya we will rolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    We're sorry but ...
    We're sorry but the deadline for posting winners has passed. If you'd like to make a call please hang up and try your number again. If you feel you've reached this message in error, please recheck your thread and reload. mwink.gif
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2007
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie