Options

Smugmug Daily question/problem

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited March 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2520948/1/137860541/Large

That photo replaces the one I put up this AM which was ON the daily's board. The instructions say that if we REPLACE, only replace a photo with another, using the "replace" option on smugmug tools, our rating will remain.

That has not been my experience lately.

I am sure that no one would want to do anything that could be considered unethical on the Daily Community.

But does anyone have a suggestion as to how to replace photos and keep one's place. And, does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do now since I followed all the instructions.

Plus, for the future, does that mean that photos cannot be replaced as that feature no longer works in maintaining one's place on the board.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 23, 2007
    ginger_55 wrote:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2520948/1/137860541/Large

That photo replaces the one I put up this AM which was ON the daily's board. The instructions say that if we REPLACE, only replace a photo with another, using the "replace" option on smugmug tools, our rating will remain.

That has not been my experience lately.

I am sure that no one would want to do anything that could be considered unethical on the Daily Community.

But does anyone have a suggestion as to how to replace photos and keep one's place. And, does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do now since I followed all the instructions.

Plus, for the future, does that mean that photos cannot be replaced as that feature no longer works in maintaining one's place on the board.

ginger

It has been fixed, my photo, this time has been fixed. I do not know how as I was not "there", but I can say that it has been "fixed", it did not magically work itself out.

g
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    ginger_55 wrote:
    The instructions say that if we REPLACE, only replace a photo with another, using the "replace" option on smugmug tools, our rating will remain.
    Where are these instructions you are speaking of? Thanks.

Ginger, we clearly state, within the replace photo tool, that if you replace a photo, the new photo starts with a PhotoRank of 0. Nothing's changed on this.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2007
    these are the instructions:

WARNING: After hitting "replace photo", it can take a long time to upload. Don't continue to browse the web in this window or your replacement photo upload will be aborted. In addition, the new image will start with a PhotoRank of 0.

the way it used to work, and the way this warning has been understood, these instructions mean that IF your continue to browse (or do anything at all while the photo is being uploaded), that THEN it will start with a rank of 0.

Did "we" misunderstand this?

It used to work the way we understood it. Now it works as you understand it.

So, if we replace a photo in any way, you interpret these instructions to mean that it will be ranked at 0.

Is that correct?

http://upacreekphotography.smugmug.com/photos/tools.mg?ImageID=137860541&Type=Album&tool=replace

That is the link to the page I copied these instructions from. I hope it works to take you there.

ginger
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2007
    It means, Ginger, that when ever you replace a photo, the new photo will start at photorank of zero. Always has been this way, nothing's changed.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2007
    OK, thanks for explaining. I do think that could be clearer, but I can see why it could read that way.

ginger
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2007
    ginger_55 wrote:
    OK, thanks for explaining. I do think that could be clearer, but I can see why it could read that way.

ginger
    I'll see what Anne can do thumb.gif