Options

22 " Lacie Yahoo!

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited January 20, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
I just recieved the 22" Lacie monitor, and I am impressed! I haven't made any adjustments, except resolution, and out of the box it's fantastic. Clear, crisp, great color. Photos are perfect at 100%. With my old monitor, quality would deteriorate at 100%.

I am a happy camper.

I do have one question though. Running this higher resolution, aol, and this site are kinda small. Is there any solution other than changing the resolution back and forth?

Thanks,

Sam

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Ship me your monitor and I'll ship you a 17" trinitron.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Congrats on the new monitor! I love my LaCie 22". Unfortunetly I don't know of a way to improve sites that look tiny at high screen sizes.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Me neither, I guess I've become used to it. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited January 18, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    I just recieved the 22" Lacie monitor, and I am impressed! I haven't made any adjustments, except resolution, and out of the box it's fantastic. Clear, crisp, great color. Photos are perfect at 100%. With my old monitor, quality would deteriorate at 100%.

I am a happy camper.

I do have one question though. Running this higher resolution, aol, and this site are kinda small. Is there any solution other than changing the resolution back and forth?

Thanks,

Sam

Not sure I understand the problem Sam.

What is the resolution of your screen? Mine is 1900x1200 and the images and browser pics are just fine. Sometimes with higher resolution monitors you need to change the type sizes in your browser windows.... Firefoxx VIEW >TEXT SIZE > increase or decrease...
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,907 moderator
    edited January 19, 2005
    Ship me your monitor and I'll ship you a 17" trinitron.
    Sam, you can save on the shipping. I'll pick it up :)

Enjoy it.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    Is it really that outstanding of a monitor? I am in the market to get a large monitor and don't want to have to spend the money again (at least for a while)
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    BBones wrote:
    Is it really that outstanding of a monitor?
    I think it is. My LaCie is used at work. Even though we got the LaCie based on its reputation as an outstanding Photoshop monitor, I've found it to be a great monitor for CAD, graphic design, programming and a million other things.

Before the LaCie I was using a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 19". Before the Mitsu I had been using any number of generic Trinitrons (Dell, Gateway, etc...) The difference between the Mitsu and the stuff I was using before was amazing. Razor sharp, great color and a rock solid picture. The LaCie is just as sharp and has the same solid picture as the Mitsu, but its got even better color. In addition the LaCie probably weighs less than the Mitsu, and it isn't as deep as the Mitsu. That being said, it's still a CRT. It's still big and heavy and it sucks power.

If you look at picture quality, construction, features (I love the built-in USB hub) and price, I think it's pretty tough to beat... provided you can deal with the size, weight and power consumption of a CRT.
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2005
    BBones wrote:
    Is it really that outstanding of a monitor? I am in the market to get a large monitor and don't want to have to spend the money again (at least for a while)
    You can see the difference immediatly. I think it's worth it.

Sam
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Not sure I understand the problem Sam.

What is the resolution of your screen? Mine is 1900x1200 and the images and browser pics are just fine. Sometimes with higher resolution monitors you need to change the type sizes in your browser windows.... Firefoxx VIEW >TEXT SIZE > increase or decrease...
    Resolution is 1920 X 1440. This site isn't too bad. I'll poke around aol and see if I can increase the size of anything. Ok I was just able to increase some font size and icon size. I will play around with it some more later. Thanks

Sam