Options

A couple of paying jobs..

AZsnapperAZsnapper Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited March 24, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Well, of course, it's not the type of photography business that most comes to mind, but I've gotten 2 paying jobs with my HomeSnapz.com RE Photography business. A RE agent contacted me, shot that house and made a DVD slide show, then she called me a week later for a rush job.

A couple sample images:

DSC0033.jpg

Living room/kitchen with HDR merge (extra charge, of course)

DSC0067.jpg

More samples at http://www.homesnapz.com

Any advice/critque welcome. One thing, I know some of the interior shots look a little 'warm' This is deliberate not to completely white balance them. IMO, it gives a more 'homey' feel - but am I wrong?
Visit my web site
www.shadowlakes.com

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    AZsnapper wrote:
    but am I wrong?
    No! Warmth sells!
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    I think you did a great job on these. I like the warm cozy feeling of the 1st shot.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif I would keep them both as is. I also like the warmth. But I would cut that darn tree down in the second photo so you could see the house:D
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    I agree wholeheartedly.....keep the warmth in your images!!! People won't even realize what is attracting them in these shots. A warmer white balance may boost her sales and yours as well!!! :D
  • Options
    AZsnapperAZsnapper Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Tree
    JESTER wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif I would keep them both as is. I also like the warmth. But I would cut that darn tree down in the second photo so you could see the house:D

Yeah, 'specialy with cookie cutter tract homes, can be hard to get a good exterior shot. The agent didn't want a straight on shot, did'nt like the roof lines over the garage, and shooting from the other direction you can't see the front entrance anyways.
    Visit my web site
    www.shadowlakes.com
  • Options
    HorsepixHorsepix Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2007
    JESTER wrote:
    Well, I wouldn't cut the tree down, since living in the desert trees are hard to come by, however, I would warm it a bit, I agree. On the first I wonder what it would look like with the kitchen table light off. It over exposes that corner and doens't add to the photo. Was there another angle that might not include so much sofa back?

The white balance is spot on. I study the Phoenix Home and Garden and can test myself on which lights should/should not be on, etc. I am an electrical contractor by profession, photographer by passion.

MY 2 cents.