Options

Big brother is watching

crease_upcrease_up Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited March 26, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi.

A couple of my images are going to be used to decorate the interior of a house (A0 sized prints). This house will be the set of a fourth coming television show (you know the type of show - reality TV with contestants living in a house together, they get voted off one by one etc etc etc).

I am drawing up an End User Licience Agreement and am struggling with how to describe what type of usage I am authorizing. Naturally the images will end up being broadcast as part of the set.

As I am relatively new to all of this and was wondering if anyone could help/ has experience of this. Does the fact that the images will be broadcast need to be included in the contract or is it sufficient to specify their use simply as part of the set and request that I am credited in the end credits?

Plus any ideas on price would be good.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Personally I think I would write the contract as a 1 time use contract, especially since it will be used in bradcast.......something fairly simple: stating that they can use your shot(s) for such and such show between, date and date, and to be included in the credits of each and every broadcast.

Do a google for 1 time use photo contract.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    GeorgeTGeorgeT Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Don't get fancy. Your photos are a prop. You might get credit if you are lucky. Is this a sale or rental agreement? Keep it simple and cheap hoping for the credit. Get overly wordy on use and they will simply not use your work. These are low budget shows and they keep it that way.
    GT (In the business)
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 25, 2007
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    Will this be for Big Brother?

No not actually for BB but something quite similar. I think the simplest approach is a rental agreement as a prop
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 25, 2007
    crease_up wrote:
    No not actually for BB but something quite similar. I think the simplest approach is a rental agreement as a prop

(Ah, becasue the BB (US version) set designer is a friend of mine, I could've helped you out.)

Rental prop, indeed. Asking for anything more, like screen credit would most likely result in a pass on their part.

After all, that's really all you're providing in this case; a prop.

Get your print on-screen and you can enjoy pointing to it in your portfolio forever.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    (Ah, becasue the BB (US version) set designer is a friend of mine, I could've helped you out.)

Rental prop, indeed. Asking for anything more, like screen credit would most likely result in a pass on their part.

After all, that's really all you're providing in this case; a prop.

Get your print on-screen and you can enjoy pointing to it in your portfolio forever.

Thanks for the offer of assistance - I appritiate it. Funnily enough the work is actually for my friend who works on BB in the UK. Nothing happening on BB in the UK at the moment until the new eason starts so she is doing another show.