Options

Help! problem with bbcode/html!

BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
edited March 27, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
A few problems, in the new post box, none of the buttons work, i.e. I cant click on the smilies, the font box is blank, the formatting buttons don't do anything, etc...

Also, For some reason or another the forum seems to be interpreting everything in my post as HTML, i.e. the it seems to be ignoring my white space, and it turned some img tags to " img src= " tags, " is being turned in to & quot ; in fact, in this very post I am using br tags just to get the carriage returns in...

Any clue what is going on?

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,192 moderator
    edited March 27, 2007
    No idea. Have you tried logging out, clearing your dgrin (or digitalgrin) cookie, and logging back in? Perhaps reboot (or at least shut down your browser and relaunch it).

Then try to reply to this thread again and see if it works. Some rougue code from some site (certainly not here mwink.gif ) could be corrupting your browser session.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    K, tried it, unfortunately it doesn't seemed to have worked, however, I just tried it in IE and it seems to be working, maybe one of the firefox extensions i've got is messing it up

I'll experiment a bit...

Thanks,
    Ben
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,192 moderator
    edited March 27, 2007
    Cool. Glad IE is working for you. Not too uncommon for something on the net to b0rk out a browser session.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    'cept, I don't normally use IE :D and disabling all of the extensions still seems to not fix it...

thinking about it though, I do recall that I think that firefox did an update recently, perhaps, it's a bug with the latest update, I'll have to investigate further...